*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

It appears I can't get 06 to run anymore for whatever reason. Get a DirectX error on both my XP machine and main rig. Freezes at the exact same spot on the first test each time.

It appears I can't get 06 to run anymore for whatever reason. Get a DirectX error on both my XP machine and main rig. Freezes at the exact same spot on the first test each time.
Have you tried installing the old DirectX setups like dx 8 and 9.
What OS are you trying this on
I can test it out

Have you tried installing the old DirectX setups like dx 8 and 9.
What OS are you trying this on
I can test it out
Well I said XP machine and main rig so one could conclude that I mean XP and Windows 10 :p

Yea, using the June 2010 runtimes for both. Turns out, it was just MSI Afterburner OSD screwing with it. This benchmark is so ridiculously CPU bound even on a machine 12 years newer than the software. 4k I got 39k and default (720p) I got 40k rofl wtf. Although after looking at it in 4k I might make a little rant video.

Well I said XP machine and main rig so one could conclude that I mean XP and Windows 10 :p

Yea, using the June 2010 runtimes for both. Turns out, it was just MSI Afterburner OSD screwing with it. This benchmark is so ridiculously CPU bound even on a machine 12 years newer than the software. 4k I got 39k and default (720p) I got 40k rofl wtf. Although after looking at it in 4k I might make a little rant video.

oh man pulling out 3dmark06!!! this was my fav benchmark for a long time. i actually purchased this one.. lets see if i can remember my 3dmark account so i can download that again. really wanted to do some overclocking and what not over the weekend but ended up being busy. i'll try running this stock today.

oh man pulling out 3dmark06!!! this was my fav benchmark for a long time. i actually purchased this one.. lets see if i can remember my 3dmark account so i can download that again. really wanted to do some overclocking and what not over the weekend but ended up being busy. i'll try running this stock today.
All the legacy benchies are free, just Google "Legacy 3dmark" and it'll take you to a site to download with all free keys official. I made a couple purchases so waiting on those to come in before I start 06 on the old 939 platform. Meanwhile I got 40k on my main PC. This bench still looks good in 4k with AA cranked.

All the legacy benchies are free, just Google "Legacy 3dmark" and it'll take you to a site to download with all free keys official. I made a couple purchases so waiting on those to come in before I start 06 on the old 939 platform. Meanwhile I got 40k on my main PC. This bench still looks good in 4k with AA cranked.

oh cool, i'll install that today. my damn friend was on my computer playing cs go for hours when i got home and by the time he left i was too lazy to do anything lol.

about to go home for my lunch break.. maybe i can squeeze this in.

and now that you bring up 939.. i just might have a 939 mobo with a 3800 x2 in it.. along w some black g.skill ddr500. hoping i didnt throw that out/give it to someone.. its been so long that i'm not really sure. i remember the cpu cooler bracket on it was ruined though so i couldnt install a cooler.

updated:
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/18029714

Never thought i'd see the day the cpu test ran so fast haha

Attachments

• 3dmark06.PNG
    3dmark06.PNG
    28.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom