Need help with organizing

PCignorantGuy

Beta member
Hello. I specifically made a profile here so I could post here in hope to find some help and hopefully I'm posting in the right area. As my name would imply, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to PC.
So recently I decided that I wanted to move almost a lifetime of photos that have accumulated on my PC to my cellphone as I have a 256GB micro SD card coming in the mail soon. If there is one thing that is important to me, it's organization. I have put all 1,200+ photos into one folder but soon realized they won't arrange by the taken date. I have done some research before coming here and was looking at the information recorded to the photos regarding that different dates and see that a lot of them are not accurate. This happened through the transfering of photos from phone to phone to harddrive to harddrive to cloud ect. I have been looking for a good photo date fixer software to assist me but have been unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone here might have some experience with this sort of issue.
I guess since many dates are wrong or missing, I need a method that will dissect and give me the information I need to fix each individual photo.
Any software doesn't need to be free. If it's a reliable program that I need to purchase, I will.
Thank you in advance for your help.

You probably do not like it, but I do not know how to restore the original date if it is replaced by the date of the change.
Maybe it's my mistake, that I do not know, but I do not think that such a thing is possible if the default date is already replaced.

If you right-click on a photo and select Properties->Details there are several Date fields that may have values in them. On my photos I see "Date Taken", "Date Created" and "Date Modified". You might try looking at those values to see if you can discern the information you need.

unfortunately I had the same problem but since I am very patient I changed each one manually.

Back
Top Bottom