Need help getting started with Ubiquiti and MoCA adapter

Got it. Thanks for the clarification on the adapters PP Mguire, really appreciate it. That makes sense with what I'm seeing here.

Hey just a quick update - I tried putting my FIOS router into bridge mode and the connecting the WAN port of my USG to the LAN port of the FIOS G1100 router. This seemed to work, but then I realized that I couldn't get FIOS on-demand to work and my channel guide didn't look to be updating either.

I spoke to another Verizon rep and this one told me that putting the FIOS router into bridge mode wouldn't allow FIOS on-demand or the TV Guide to work. He suggested that I run ethernet from my ONT directly to my USG router and then also run the coaxial from the ONT to the FIOS router (I assume in bridge mode?) in order for my cable services like FIOS on-demand and TV Guide to work properly. Does this sound correct? Just want to see what others have done to replace their FIOS router with the USG and still have On-Demand and TV Guide work correctly.

Appreciate the help as always!

I said that up there too man lol. The STBs require the FiOS router on coax in standard mode. Good luck getting them to turn both on, they wouldn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom