isolated browser for things like facebook?

Anyway, to the subject of Facebook, I really am starting to avoid it like last 2 years avoid it, on the last job I had to open the account to link to page and now everything is following me around. But I have noticed since I changed the browser that its less connected. Good topic to choose.

so far its been flawless victory against facebook

that browser is set to delete everything on exit
and I only use it fro facebook. not even links from facebook. I copy them to regular browser.

I'm gonna have to do same on the phone too. just install another browser that is ONLY used for facebook and that would be the last of it

then switch to duck duck go search instead of google

wondering what if firefox or another browser was designed that each tab or window is isolated from other windows
so essentially each tab is isolated like a different browser where the google and facebook are unable to track you

because this setup with separate browsers seems to be working great so far.
i dont get targeted ads anymore
facebook is confused
and now that i use duck go as a search engine the google is confused also

wondering what if firefox or another browser was designed that each tab or window is isolated from other windows

The term you're looking for is "sandboxing" - and Chrome/FF are already built in such a way to sandbox each tab (and each extension). This is why you won't see just one "Firefox.exe" or "Chrome.exe" in your task manager you - you'll see several (one for each tab, and one for each extension usually as well).

^ Kinda. They all share the same login sessions, cookies, etc.

Firefox Containers is more akin to what he wants I think. It also isolates the data. ie, I have a container for "work", one for "personal" (ie my selfhosted apps), one for banking, one for Google (Music and Gmail), and one for "other". You can log into Google in one container and that will not be shared with your other containers.

yea I meant something like that. isolated sessions for each window that don't share anything with eachother like different browsers would act
so far I only have the phone facebook app that's gathering the data and showing targeted ads
but nothing is showing from my PC anymore

is there an unofficial facebook app for undroid that is also isolated ?
thats pretty much the only thing i have left is my phone

the epic privacy browser has been working flawless.
it is starting to pick up on my browsing since i sometimes cllick the links from facebook adn then magically get more "suggestions from friends"

but if there was a way to isolate facebook on my phone that would put a nail in the coffin for this crap

is there an unofficial facebook app for undroid that is also isolated ?
thats pretty much the only thing i have left is my phone

the epic privacy browser has been working flawless.
it is starting to pick up on my browsing since i sometimes cllick the links from facebook adn then magically get more "suggestions from friends"

but if there was a way to isolate facebook on my phone that would put a nail in the coffin for this crap

Can always just run it in the browser.

Back
Top Bottom