New monitor in the pipeline, some opinions wanted

Rtings is the go to place for panel reviews, so they would be as snobby when dealing with facts as I am with hardware.

VA panels are known for exactly what the guy conned it for though and I'd be willing to bet most of the docking comes from the viewing angle which they advertise as 178. Also take note the panel he's reviewing specifically is the 1080p version. And looking more at the review I can see why it was rated so low.

True but perhaps the 1440p version is better, who knows.
But if you say that rtings is the place to go for monitor ratings them perhaps best to ignore them.
They probably give 10 point ratings to monitors that are over $1000 and anything in the 300 to 500 range average or poor as they would be obsessed over professional quality and not something the average joe like me can afford.

True but perhaps the 1440p version is better, who knows.
But if you say that rtings is the place to go for monitor ratings them perhaps best to ignore them.
They probably give 10 point ratings to monitors that are over $1000 and anything in the 300 to 500 range average or poor as they would be obsessed over professional quality and not something the average joe like me can afford.
Nope, they're unbiased. They rate based on what the test results are. For instance, the 1000 dollar 49" Samsung.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/chg90

well good to hear,I just want to make sure what i get i dont overspend on.
I mean I know buying a cheaper panel will ensure i wont go over budget but at the same time I know i want something good.\I mean that asus looks doable, I may go for it.

Well to be fair i think i won the TN lottery with mine as well.
I love the picture on my LG, its actually very close to IPS from what i have seen.
Sure it has some of the TN weaknesses like viewing angles but even that its actually very good on. I have to be on the floor or standing up to see the image fade.
But never inverted, washed out a little? yes but never inverted.

Well you convinced me, I am getting that ASUS.

Well not just you but state tax too.
There is no tax on that ASUS :D
$462.60 base price no tax and a 2 year protection plan, very good deal then.

Yeah hoped to go IPS but if you say its a good panel then its all fine, its still 1440p and 144Z as i requested and from a brand I know.
Not a brand i trust mind you, ASUS has a bit of e reputation but at least its something i know

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom