The Food & Drink Thread

In about ten minutes I'm going to be sitting down and eating 10 sausages, two lamb chops, 4 eggs, 12 slices of bacon, two slices of fried bread, half a tin of baked beans, coleslaw, fried tomato, German sausage being frankfurters, and finally some HP Brown sauce to top it off with.

Cooked some ribs for dinner last night, sorry for **** pics :p temporarily on a samsung s3
Came out excellent though, probably my best to date ^^ marinated for 2 days, 2 hours in the oven wrapped in foil @ ~200c, 20 mins over the coals to finish em off.

sYpRH89.jpg

GgRdLWd.jpg

Ended up being tender enough to fall off the bone, but not so mushy/tender that it falls apart as you try to pick it up. I always cooked the ribs at ~160c for 3 hours before, definitely switching to the hotter/faster method going forwards!

Did some BBQing on the weekend, this is my setup atm:
E2ui3bJ.jpg

Totally forgot to take pics of the pork roast until I'd pulled it off, also forgot to focus properly apparently :p
FGGX97h.jpg

Bit of extra crisping for the crackling
vx1K2Xq.jpg

Also tried a super thick beef rib cut, which tasted *amazing* but I ****ed up and cooked it too fast at too high a heat, so wasn't fall off the bone tender like it should've been.
CFjsc8G.jpg

I'm looking forward to Pancake Tuesday next week. My favourite food since I was a child! :cool:

I used to look forward to pancake day greatly as a kid, I too love pancakes.

Then I became an adult, got my own money, got fat. Then figured I can just make pancakes whenever I feel like it, which is exactly what I do. I probably have pancakes 5 to 10 times a year now. Healthy ! :D

Just put two extra large chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Should be ready in 4 too 5 hours on a low and slow heat. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do anything with them as in a curry or even a dinner as I quite like them on their own with a bit salt. I'm a big meat eater. :p ..

Can I ask a quick and dirty question. Can you cook Belly Pork on a George Forman Grill. How long will it take too go crispy since my ovens ****ed.

The wife and I went to Outback last night for Valentines (a day late but no crowds). Skipped the appetizer and enjoyed their bread. We like to dip it in the spicy ranch they have there. Anyway, I went with the blue cheese wedge salad, a medium NY strip, and a loaded baked potato. No pic as I tore into it. Killer meal.

Back
Top Bottom