Potentially the longest thread in history...

Phwar what a weekend! Started it Thursday with my 21yo brothers wedding, despite me getting very drunk and doing an impromptu speech it went well :D
Recovered Friday with a lazy trip to the pub with some friends, said goodbye to my visiting sis on Sat with a family BBQ at the park, Sunday I took my little bro down to the beach and tested out my old GoPro! I'll post up the crappy video montage I made soon :p

Arrived at work Monday and the new changes have kicked in! We no longer have to wear black slacks and dress shoes all the time; jeans and "smart footwear" are now acceptable.
But BEST OF ALL, our hours have been cut back to 7.5hr days with .5 hour lunch break and no pay cuts, so I get to finish 30 mins earlier than usual :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D also got my hours moved 30 mins earlier, so instead of working 8-4:30 I'm now doing 7:30-3:30. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yussssss

What models?

Mostly the BQ 650 and 750 units, they are totally burned up, can smell it as soon as the box is opened, get a good chunk of the G2 units as well, so far, no GS models *yet* that I have personally handled that has been defective.

Any time I get a BQ anymore, I just open the box to make sure it's there and immediately fail the unit, no need for a load test anymore since it's been a 100% failure rate on returned ones for me.

The G2 units that I have processed don't have a smell, but they all fail to either power on with a load test, or cut out during the load testing, occasionally get a few that work just fine though. I suspect there may have been a bad batch for G2 though, as they mostly behave the same, and when compared to the others being returned, are probably sitting at a semi-normal rate. I don't get to see actual rate per product, only what I end up handling.

It's funny though... Someone sent back a SuperNova G2-1600w unit... They glued the box shut and I had to destroy the box. No PSU, but it had just the right amount of weight in it to process through basic returns.

I can't really go into what happens after that nor the process, but it's not good for the customer.

Last edited:
Phwar what a weekend! Started it Thursday with my 21yo brothers wedding, despite me getting very drunk and doing an impromptu speech it went well :D
Recovered Friday with a lazy trip to the pub with some friends, said goodbye to my visiting sis on Sat with a family BBQ at the park, Sunday I took my little bro down to the beach and tested out my old GoPro! I'll post up the crappy video montage I made soon :p

Arrived at work Monday and the new changes have kicked in! We no longer have to wear black slacks and dress shoes all the time; jeans and "smart footwear" are now acceptable.
But BEST OF ALL, our hours have been cut back to 7.5hr days with .5 hour lunch break and no pay cuts, so I get to finish 30 mins earlier than usual :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D also got my hours moved 30 mins earlier, so instead of working 8-4:30 I'm now doing 7:30-3:30. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yussssss

Well, well, screw you and your happiness!

I want some good news for myself ! :annoyed:

Aced an interview last week (kicking me out a depressive period cos I felt like I knew nothing), got the second interview today - more of a meet and greet with the 1st interviewer's boss to vet me.

Yeah. Pay's **** to begin with (20k) but certs galore so I'll be on likely more than double that in a couple of years. Plus, it's five minutes walk from my flat! Plus 50% of the shifts are night shifts and I'm like yeeeessss

Last edited:
Yeah. Pay's **** to begin with (20k) but certs galore so I'll be on likely more than double that in a couple of years. Plus, it's five minutes walk from my flat! Plus 50% of the shifts are night shifts and I'm like yeeeessss

Night shift is great IMO. I used to do the night shift at DHL. If you had project work to do you could get on with it in silence and maybe get 1 or 2 calls/interruptions per shift, compared to 20 during a day shift. Or if you didn't have project work, just sit watching films and **** :D

Double post time!

Sooo the past few weeks, my mind has been going through this internal dialogue arguing with myself:

I need new car > Buy a used cheap car, Max! > Then you can save for house faster! > Wait but I love cars do I really want a cheap car? > No I dont > But wait I need a house! > I don't really care about buying a house any time soon though... > hmm I really could get a nice car... > but that wouldn't be very sensible, Max! > But maybe I could compromise and get a nice car, but one that is still considerably cheaper than my current car ? > Yes max that's a great idea !!!! > Yes I agree with myself !!!

And so with that, I ordered a new car this morning :D Audi A4 1.4TFSI S-Line :D I got a great deal for once, unlikely my last car where I got shafted. Will be saving £200 a month with the new car over my current one, even though it's nicer than my current one - result!

I coulda bought a used, cheap car and got a house faster. But tbph I would've hated it, I really love my cars and motorbikes :p

Mostly the BQ 650 and 750 units, they are totally burned up, can smell it as soon as the box is opened, get a good chunk of the G2 units as well, so far, no GS models *yet* that I have personally handled that has been defective.

Any time I get a BQ anymore, I just open the box to make sure it's there and immediately fail the unit, no need for a load test anymore since it's been a 100% failure rate on returned ones for me.

The G2 units that I have processed don't have a smell, but they all fail to either power on with a load test, or cut out during the load testing, occasionally get a few that work just fine though. I suspect there may have been a bad batch for G2 though, as they mostly behave the same, and when compared to the others being returned, are probably sitting at a semi-normal rate. I don't get to see actual rate per product, only what I end up handling.

It's funny though... Someone sent back a SuperNova G2-1600w unit... They glued the box shut and I had to destroy the box. No PSU, but it had just the right amount of weight in it to process through basic returns.

I can't really go into what happens after that nor the process, but it's not good for the customer.
I wouldn't put too much into it. BQs are popular for miners because they're cheap and high wattage. That 1600W ******* most def a miner trying to get more wattage without impacting ROI.

The BQ series is also rather popular for people who don't make a lot of money... I had a BQ, never really pushed it. Going to splurge on the next PSU when my monthly bonus comes in. :D

Back
Top Bottom