Potentially the longest thread in history...

Ya, well see. No price yet. Also, I tried to actually find out what the specs are- not available. Of coarse specs are "fudged" all the time.

Try more like 5-6 grand, specs aren't final yet because they're prototypes. I was actually talking about one of these in your other thread. What we do know is 4K, 120Hz, Gsync, HDR, built in Nvidia Shield, VA panel.

Now I'm gonna go back to bed. Had the flu since Monday night.

5-6 grand? Full array local dimming LCD's aren't expensive anymore.. The only tech that really sets this apart from a TV is the refresh rate and the nvidia wares.

Albeit, the 120hz gsync makes 24-27" panels on average around 1.3-1.5x the cost of a non-gsync display plus the Shield which has ~300$ of msrp hardware costs. Its not an IPS panel so we shouldn't see crazy expensive price spike like with the ultra-wide ROG swift product line...

Comparing with to today's TV market of 4k 65" displays @ 900$-1200$.. even tripling those prices is kinda radical. This new ROG 65" is by no means a consumer-level purchase but even comparing it to some of the highest-end 65" panels you better bet Asus will be trying to compete with these factors in their products' pricepoint compared to the current TV market.

Last edited:
5-6 grand? Full array local dimming LCD's aren't expensive anymore.. The only tech that really sets this apart from a TV is the refresh rate and the nvidia wares.

Albeit, the 120hz gsync makes 24-27" panels on average around 1.3-1.5x the cost of a non-gsync display plus the Shield which has ~300$ of msrp hardware costs. Its not an IPS panel so we shouldn't see crazy expensive price spike like with the ultra-wide ROG swift product line...

Comparing with to today's TV market of 4k 65" displays @ 900$-1200$.. even tripling those prices is kinda radical. This new ROG 65" is by no means a consumer-level purchase but even comparing it to some of the highest-end 65" panels you better bet Asus will be trying to compete with these factors in their products' pricepoint compared to the current TV market.
You're thinking too practical. The ROG name alone for a monitor commands at least a grand.

This is the first consumer grade single panel 120hz monitor, let alone the first of its kind for the market. The fact that it's TV sized will command an increased price.

It's fully HDR, full array backlit, 1000nit peak, and DCI-P3 gamut, and all though we don't know the "actual" specs of the panel yet we're told monitor grade input latency. Since we know Nvidia was already working with AOU one could assume it's an AOU VA panel. This would yield the best contrast and input latency.

It has Gsync AND a Shield built in, there's a premium.

This is a device that apparently has had a lot of demand and being first to market it will inevitably be expensive. Just look at Samsung's new 4TB SSD. More than double a pair of same brand 2TB SSDs but just because they can it's expensive. So yea, I expect a 5 grand minimum price tag on these.

So... Have processed at least 800 dead eVGA power supplies in the last month, and mine went belly up this past week as well... Not buying anything with an eVGA tag on it for awhile... Seems they are cutting QC where it can be cut, even when it's someone else making the unit.

Seriously, I have processed maybe a dozen of cooler master, corsair, thermaltake and so on, but for some reason, there's a VERY high return rate on eVGA power supplies... Never see their GPU's... Starting to figure out what brands I might be going with soon when I upgrade.

So... Have processed at least 800 dead eVGA power supplies in the last month, and mine went belly up this past week as well... Not buying anything with an eVGA tag on it for awhile... Seems they are cutting QC where it can be cut, even when it's someone else making the unit.

Seriously, I have processed maybe a dozen of cooler master, corsair, thermaltake and so on, but for some reason, there's a VERY high return rate on eVGA power supplies... Never see their GPU's... Starting to figure out what brands I might be going with soon when I upgrade.
What models?

Back
Top Bottom