What You've Just Bought!

Giving Warhammer 40k a little break. So i picked up Bolt Action Konflikt 47 rules. Fictional World War II where the the atomic bombs opened a rift. 2 years later, war is still going with various armies gsining super tech.
So i picked up a german army starter box army. Very wolfenstien (2009 release) with nazi warewolves and zombies.

Attachments

• K47_German_Starter_Set_grande.jpg
    K47_German_Starter_Set_grande.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 451510202-German-Starter-Set-a_grande.jpg
    451510202-German-Starter-Set-a_grande.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Konflikt-47-600x764_grande.jpg
    Konflikt-47-600x764_grande.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1
I've been getting a lot of small odds and ends lately not worth mentioning. Mainly monitor, cables, splitter, switcher, etc for setting up a secondary PC for streaming. More vape mod stuff. Controller stands for PS4 and Xbox. A 12TB drive for my NAS, 2 250GB 850 EVOs, PSU and some stuff for my 98 box, a G613 that Amazon had on sale for $50, last month got a whole home humidifier, drum trigger module, more drum stuff, guitar stuff, 250GB 850 Evo M.2 for my 98 box, and some grilling stuff.

Bought some frame sliders for my motorcycle and installed them on Saturday. Was gonna go for a ride after I put them on...but as I was installing them, started to flurry and the temp dropped to 20* (was like 10* with windchill) from 40*.

I bought a Raspberry Pi and installed some things on it that I can't talk about on this forums because of those dumb rules that say so.

That seems so absurdly overspecced xD How quick does it boot?

Indeed. I'm pretty sure the rules prevent me talking about both my degree and line of work.
To be fair to myself I bought it for my VR rig only to find out my stupid junk X99 board doesn't read SATA through the M.2 slot. So one thing to do, put it in my 98 box. Even with the processor a bit underclocked it still boots in about 20 seconds. Mind you, this is in a SATA to IDE converter but it's still snippy as ****. The only thing that's taken a while on it was the KOTOR install which was CPU bottlenecked at the decompression.

So I had a HTC U11 that I bought several months back, 3 or 4 months maybe I can't remember. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty good and I was happy with it. Until Android 8.0 update totally broke bluetooth with my car. Which is a huge deal, seeing as I am in my car for 2+ hours each day, and not being able to play or control my music using the steering wheel controls over bluetooth is real ****.

So I went back to the store I bought it from, explained it to them. They said they couldn't do anything to fix it, which I knew already, but they said I can swap the phone out for something else and they will take the retail price off of the U11 off of the phone I choose. Well, there is an offer I can not refuse. Then I saw they had £100 off the iPhone X if you took out a 1 month rolling SIM only deal with it, so I looked at that. For £2 a month more than my current SIM only deal I could get 3GB of extra data, so I did that and went with the iPhone X. So we go to pay and I am expecting the following:

iPhone = £999
Hand back HTC U11 = -£499
SIM deal discount = -£100
So billed amount would be 999 - (499 + 100) = £400 to pay, and hand them my U11

I don't know what happened or if I misunderstood, but somehow I ended up only paying £150 and also they never asked for my HTC U11 off me. So I walked out of the store (Carphone Warehouse FWIW) with a 64GB iPhone X, and still with my U11 for just £150.

RESULT ! I feel like I had good luck for once :p I'm normally unlucky... well on the same day work told me they were relocating our office 15 miles further away from home, so I guess it balances out.

Anyway the iPhone X is a *seriously* impressive phone. I wasn't really that fussed when I bought it, just hoped the bluetooth worked in my car (it does, perfectly), but having used it a bunch I am legit blown away by how good it is. Not had an iPhone for 3 years, I can't say I missed it, but now being back it sure does feel good.

So I had a HTC U11 that I bought several months back, 3 or 4 months maybe I can't remember. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty good and I was happy with it. Until Android 8.0 update totally broke bluetooth with my car. Which is a huge deal, seeing as I am in my car for 2+ hours each day, and not being able to play or control my music using the steering wheel controls over bluetooth is real ****.

So I went back to the store I bought it from, explained it to them. They said they couldn't do anything to fix it, which I knew already, but they said I can swap the phone out for something else and they will take the retail price off of the U11 off of the phone I choose. Well, there is an offer I can not refuse. Then I saw they had £100 off the iPhone X if you took out a 1 month rolling SIM only deal with it, so I looked at that. For £2 a month more than my current SIM only deal I could get 3GB of extra data, so I did that and went with the iPhone X. So we go to pay and I am expecting the following:

iPhone = £999
Hand back HTC U11 = -£499
SIM deal discount = -£100
So billed amount would be 999 - (499 + 100) = £400 to pay, and hand them my U11

I don't know what happened or if I misunderstood, but somehow I ended up only paying £150 and also they never asked for my HTC U11 off me. So I walked out of the store (Carphone Warehouse FWIW) with a 64GB iPhone X, and still with my U11 for just £150.

RESULT ! I feel like I had good luck for once [emoji14] I'm normally unlucky... well on the same day work told me they were relocating our office 15 miles further away from home, so I guess it balances out.

Anyway the iPhone X is a *seriously* impressive phone. I wasn't really that fussed when I bought it, just hoped the bluetooth worked in my car (it does, perfectly), but having used it a bunch I am legit blown away by how good it is. Not had an iPhone for 3 years, I can't say I missed it, but now being back it sure does feel good.
Life with a notchScreenshot_20180203-175525.jpg

Lol. To be honest, you don't really notice it. You pretty quickly get used to the fact there is nothing there to look at in terms of content and so you just blank it out. It will be better when they figure out how to reduce or remove it, of course, but it's really not that bad, it doesn't really cross my mind much in actual use.

Back
Top Bottom