ram cooler..

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really. It's REAL easy to make your own PCI Fan card though if you have a spare PCI Card or something that could just be busted laying around.

I forget exactly where I read it, but it's not like you need instructions to do it. I just took a fan from an AMD64 stock heatsink, drilled holes through some PC board that just had a couple extra USB's that are to fit in the back of the computer and screwed the fan on with that.

You can see the fan below my graphics card in this:

Picture.jpg

I haven't been able to OC the graphics care more than normal. And no temp monitoring so I really don't know if it's even making a difference. I suppose it'll cool your graphics card down a little but I wouldn't expect much

Joeisalsocool said:
At this time RAM cooling is pointless, Once FSB climbs over 2GHz then we will have to worry about it.

pointless? ever felt DDR RAM at say 3.4+v...that stuff gets HOT!!! REAL cooling will do just fine...but the thermal pads and junk manufactures use is pretty bad. just get an 80mm on there and it shold be below hot to warm lol.

Jesus Christ, no wonder you bought a 560watt PSU!
Yeah and now that picture isn't even up-to-date, it's only a couple weeks old, but I now have 4 HD's instead of just 2 that you see there :D got 2 on SATA port 1 and 2, then the other two on IDE-1

Plus with all those fans I wanted to make aboslutely sure I wouldn't have a power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom