switching default browser

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so, i want to switch from chrome to firefox. most of which is pretty easy.but i have not found a way to move all of my tool bar favorites, other than one by one, which is terribly time consuming. moving the bookmarks was totally painless. is there a similar way to move all of my tool bar folders and files that is similar to moving bookmarks?

In chrome if you press control+shift+O you'll get the bookmark manager. At the top of the list is the word "Organize" with a down arrow. Click that down arrow and click Export bookmarks to HTML. Save that file in your documents or somewhere you'll remember.

Then in Firefox press control+shift+B and youll get the equivalent in Firefox of the bookmark manager. At the top click 'import and backup' and select 'import form HTML file' then choose the file you saved in Chrome.

Usually when I've moved my bookmarks, because Chrome has a different path for the bookmark toolbar you might need to organize them in firefox to match how they were displayed on the toolbar. But other than that you're set.

Back
Top Bottom