New build/ purchase under $500 smallest form factor

To be fair you did say under 500 and that's well under 500. 100 may seem pricey for RAM, just wait until you need to upgrade it again. It'll be even more. I mean with only 3 tabs open I'm using 4GB of RAM (after OS) and none of them are FB or Youtube. I think the cheapest 8GB stick right now on Amazon is 60 bucks.

In comparison last year I paid 154 for 32GB of Corsair LPX 3000MHz, today it's about 260. Sometimes I'll see it on sale for about 230.

Personally my advice is hold off on buying parts as right now some PC parts are crazy.
Especially GPU's and the matter that both memory and SDD's cost higher then they should for now.
With any luck the etherium mining crap will die out a little and memory prices will be back to normal.
If you need a GPU go get a used one or a older model, the Nvidia GTX 900 series is not being effected by this whole etherium mining malarkey.
Heck if i built my machine now I would probably be rocking a GTX 960 or something.
Sure not as up to date but when a GTX 1060 is now priced more than a GTX 1080 it becomes a very viable option.
Hell even the lower end GPU's are being effected by this etherium mining bullcrap, the 1050ti is hella overpriced in some areas so yeah better used or old GPU

Last edited:
Try building a Small form factor build with the fractal design node 202. Depending on your motherboard you can still have really decent specs and it's upgradable but it's quite cheap at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom