Potentially the longest thread in history...

I love it. Been using FF full time for the last year or so, and Quantum is so much quicker than older versions. On par with Chrome I'd say :tongue:

I'm getting used too the lay out but at first I was confused and looking all over for what I was used to being in certain places. Just awkward at first.

Also can I ask, can I take memory out of my server and put it in my desktop as they are both DDR2 ..

We run FF ESR at work, so I won't be pushing it out for a while yet :(

@spud might wanna check if it's ECC or not

Last night I started discussing plans with my younger bro as he's going to be renting a room off me. F********ks sake lol the kid has no clue. He's not going to bother finishing the course he's been studying this year, half resigning from his job working at a fast food restaurant, and planning on working casually for a church 1-2 days out of the week to get free food handouts so he can "save more money by not having to buy food". I mean, he's enterprising :p but prob in for a bit of a rude wake-up call when there's no food in the fridge and he has to pay/buy/cook everything himself on top of all the usual bills that he's never had to pay before

As a kicker he's also planning on going traveling around Europe in ~8 months with his (also freshly out of school and unemployed) gf, despite not having more than 1k to his name. Not sure how that's going to go for him considering return airfare is min ~1k per person for starters :grin:

@ Soul .. Its Non ECC, and tbh the MoBo has died so it doesn't make a difference.

I've checked everything. Tested it against known good working memory, tried a dedicated GPU, a known good monitor. a known good main board battery, reset the BIOS by way of the jumpers, unplugged everything and totally stripped it down to the bair bones.

I paid £5 for the system. :lol: but I have at least gotton a good branded EZCOOL 500W PSU and a nice case with a SATA DVD Blue Disk RW Drive. :lol: so I'm not bothered. And then all the extras to get SATA up and running such as extension connectors and the likes of molex to SATA.

But yeah the MoBo just wont display a picture despite cross checking everything and testing known good components in it. :(

Last edited:
Well- I figured out how to make the new FF look more like the old one= go into customize and drag/drop the library icon and drag/place the bookmark icon. That was my biggest issue= was not having the bookmarks menu on the right side. Dont know about speed or playing vids, etc. Yet, so well see now- I also don't like the "log into Gmail" account on the landing screen - I don't use Gmail at all for email - had to get an account for Facebook and that is ALL I use it for.

I'm getting used too the lay out but at first I was confused and looking all over for what I was used to being in certain places. Just awkward at first.

The truly genius ability of Firefox is that you can move/rearrange basically all of the layout. Click the hamburger and then click Customize... You can add, remove, drag and drop whatever you want.

Seems better. I still use Chrome as my primary, but in the little bit I've used Quantum...seems fine. Waiting for NoScript to be updated for it, then I might try it as my primary browser over Chrome.

I asked @Firefox about a replacement for NoScript on Twitter, got a message about this. I just added it and will see how it goes. The interface is a bit different but time will tell.

https://t.co/bHdawSORcM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/

Ooooh boy lol, one of my cycling mates got punched in the face yesterday. He got into an insult match with a driver in traffic who was getting too close to him, so he leaned over and pulled the keys from the guys ignition and threw it away onto the footpath. Tried to ride away but wasn't fast enough, got caught and clocked a good one right on the mouth :grin: :lol: :lol:

I'm all for riding, but IMO there's a time and place, and maybe it isn't in peak hour traffic...and if you DO decide to go ahead, maybe realize cars will get as close to you as they do to other cars...and if they do, don't ****ing steal their keys, disabling their car IN TRAFFIC and try to ride away, then act like you're the victim. Love me mate and all, but damn he's had that one coming for a while :p

Honestly cyclists piss me off, most of them atleast. The ones that ride a meter away from the kerb (roads are narrower here than the US too) in peak traffic and they have a queue of 100 meters worth of cars behind them, because they won't inconvenience themselves for 5 damn seconds to just pull to the side to let traffic past. Also when they ride in a huge group and stop traffic that way too.

But then some car drivers are dick bags too. The amount of times I was on my motorbike and cars would deliberately move over in the lane to stop me filtering past, which is 100% legal in this country and in place to help reduce congestion (every motorcycle that filters is one less in the queue of traffic). But some drivers just get super ****ing salty that someone is progressing faster than them in traffic. I've seen on youtube it's quite popular for motorcyclists to punch out the side mirror of cars if the driver is being a ****, and then just speed off. Never done it myself but I have been tempted once or twice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom