VGA to HDMI: will it cause noticable delay?

Leviane

Beta member
Hi, i have a question regarding the use of a cable/adapter that transfers VGA to HDMI.
Since I have a 15.6” laptop screen, i wanted to get a seperate, bigger monitor for gaming.
I still have an older monitor, from 2010, but since i'd rather not spend more money than necessary, and the quality of the screen is good enough for me, i was hoping to use this monitor i already have on my laptop.

Turns out the monitor only has VGA and not HDMI, whilst my laptop possesses HDMI.
I learnt that there are cables/adapters to solve this problem, however i was told that this could cause delays on the monitor by one person, and by another that it would be no problem.

I was hoping someone could provide me with a clear answer whethere there indeed would be a delay when using this converter, and if this delay would be noticable when playing (fps) games and therefore affect my performance.

Thanks a lot.

There shouldn't be an issue. I do VGA to HDMI sometimes for recording gameplay off Voodoo cards and it's fine. In your case it would be HDMI to VGA which is more common.

4.3ms is less than most IPS panels. I probably have more delay running through my capture card. 4.3ms is almost 5x quicker than most TVs in game mode too. If we say his GTG is 5ms on the old TN (as advertised) it's still a good 10ms quicker with the adapter than my expensive *** TV in game mode :p

Back
Top Bottom