Windows OEM version... reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forchunet

In Runtime
Hi, Im 15. I just ordered my budget gaming system online. It cost me a years worth of savings and all but im happy. After sending out the money orders and all I just realized that I neglected to buy Windows XP. Well now im broke and cant afford the 150+ price for regular windows. I wont have that kinda money for the next 2-3 weeks. I absolutely cant wait to hook up my computer so i looked around, even resorting to looking up cracked copies of it (I eventually ruled that out) However, I did find on www.pricegrabber.com windows xp for only about $45+. It is an OEM version and i understand it does not come with a certificate of authenticity... Is this a legal version, could this be a scam, and is this the FULL version or what?

Heres the link:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=508417/search=windows%20xp#generic

Please help me find the truth.

it's legal and full, just doesn't come in a nice box with a manual like the expensives ones do. all my (three) XP's are OEM and are full with serial and holographic code sticker. i don't exactly know what they mean by certificate of authenticity though.

yeah, they cant sell you any kind of pirated cds, they wouldnt be around for too long. the product key is your COA

It means that it has to be sold with a piece of hardware. Even an IDE cable would work.

Doesn't have to be sold WITH anything. OEM's come in a variety of flavors.

If you buy OEM from a store (like NewEgg or some other place) don't expect miracles. The OEM's sold alone can be used, but a lot of times they're only good for 2 installations and then they won't register anymore...So if you screw up your machine and have to reinstall, guess what...

Anyway, this is your OS you're talking about. If you have to fork over a little extra to be happy, do so. It's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom