Potentially the longest thread in history...

We mainly use NEC monitors at work, never heard of this brand until I got here

My wife still uses the NEC 19" LCD monitor I had with my original gaming system. It's 10-11 years old and still looks great.

My wife still uses the NEC 19" LCD monitor I had with my original gaming system. It's 10-11 years old and still looks great.

Over the years I have had several NEC Monitors what I have used. At the minute I'm using my 32 BUSH T.V as my primary Screen and several other for other systems I have running. I have one system connected Via. D - SUB and another by HDMI on this T.V .

Some are Dell and other Generic branded things.

All our desk phones at work are NEC Dterms, can't wait to get them replaced with some proper IP phones -_- using them requires you to memorize and/or constantly look up hundreds of esoteric command combos which link together in some giant retarded spaghetti tree of a system. Over the years it's been patched and bandaided so much that it's a wonder it works at all now :p

Today has been one hectic *** day. Our GM is on a security kick because her hubby told her there's software out there than can take over encrypted drones and land them. While she's worrying about that, we still haven't gotten to go ahead to upgrade our 2003 servers running mission critical stuff like our email server...smh

Just read an article on Brexit. Still dont believe its gonna happen. With the bungling incompetent Labour opposition they will do a U Turn when they get in power and F the british for their own gain.

Eurgh, one of my colleagues winds me up, I know him better than he knows himself. Basically he annoys me because he says one thing with complete confidence and then doesn't do it. From unimportant trivial **** to important work stuff. Either way annoying.

e.g.

Him: "Hey should we get a burger at lunch, I really want a burger, yeah lets definitely do that!". So he goes to lunch, comes back, no burger, no mention of it, pretends we never had the conversation.

Him: "Yeah we definitely need to email HR about that. No way i'm letting this go" < him promising to email HR on behalf of us both about a complaint. I check the email logs. Did he send anything ? nahhhhhh ofcourse not.

And then if you try and challenge him on these things he goes from 0 to 100% defensive in a picosecond. "WHATT!!!! NO I NEVER SAID THAT!!! WHATEVER !!"

:annoyed:

I like him, he's a cool guy, but he does that several times a month and it's annoying. I even call him out on it before it happens now. As soon as he says something with confidence that I know full well he will never follow through on, i'm just like "yeah that will never happen, will it..." and he starts getting all pissy again. Ofcourse i'm right, it doesn't happen. I don't get it, don't say something unless you are going to do it... but then he is one of them over confident people. If there is ever anything wrong with IT systems, he always immediately starts blaming me, never thinks he's in the wrong about anything etc.

tl;dr colleague over promises and under delivers.

Last edited:
"can you please restart your computer"

Did you want me to log off?

"no, can you please restart your computer"
did you want me to shut down or restart?

One of those days...

Eurgh, one of my colleagues winds me up, I know him better than he knows himself. Basically he annoys me because he says one thing with complete confidence and then doesn't do it. From unimportant trivial **** to important work stuff. Either way annoying.

e.g.

Him: "Hey should we get a burger at lunch, I really want a burger, yeah lets definitely do that!". So he goes to lunch, comes back, no burger, no mention of it, pretends we never had the conversation.

Him: "Yeah we definitely need to email HR about that. No way i'm letting this go" < him promising to email HR on behalf of us both about a complaint. I check the email logs. Did he send anything ? nahhhhhh ofcourse not.

And then if you try and challenge him on these things he goes from 0 to 100% defensive in a picosecond. "WHATT!!!! NO I NEVER SAID THAT!!! WHATEVER !!"

:annoyed:

I like him, he's a cool guy, but he does that several times a month and it's annoying. I even call him out on it before it happens now. As soon as he says something with confidence that I know full well he will never follow through on, i'm just like "yeah that will never happen, will it..." and he starts getting all pissy again. Ofcourse i'm right, it doesn't happen. I don't get it, don't say something unless you are going to do it... but then he is one of them over confident people. If there is ever anything wrong with IT systems, he always immediately starts blaming me, never thinks he's in the wrong about anything etc.

tl;dr colleague over promises and under delivers.
I like to **** with people like that so bad. I'll just be like "yea man enjoy your salad" acting completely oblivious that they said burger. It gets them thinking real hard after you do it a few times. In my old position my boss was like this.

Me - So are we going to get those cards ordered or do I just sit on my *** longer waiting for something to happen?

Boss - Yea totally man, I'm going to email procurement as soon as I'm back at my desk

Me - Ok sweet I'm really going to enjoy the nothingness from today

Boss - Wait what?

Me - *Goes to the bathroom*

He actually asked me what I meant one time and I told him straight up, you never do anything you say you're gonna do so I reply with bull**** back because I already know the answer. All he said was fair enough.

Did you want me to log off?

"no, can you please restart your computer"
did you want me to shut down or restart?

One of those days...
Before I left the breakfix team at Lockheed I literally told somebody "Reboot your ****ing computer" because I was tired with how stupid they were. Didn't get fired or in trouble, and they didn't ask anymore stupid questions.

Welp, changed my oil last night and test drove it. 100% fine. Waiting in the line to get the kids, oil filter decided to spray 6 quarts of brand new oil all over the school parking lot. In less than 5 minutes, rod knock.

g1352129205367343592.jpg

Now that, sucks! I would ask if it was a FRAM, but you strike me as someone that avoids their junkier filters?
Nope, was a K&N with a bad seal. Now I have a lifter that's making noise on me (wasn't rod knock like I suspected). Still bad, but not as bad. Typically I put Motorcraft on my Mustangs just because they've worked but at the time that was all that was in stock. Lucky for me, I have a set of 4v B heads coming next month that should alleviate this issue. In the meantime I'll be putting a 1/2 quart of Trans fluid in my oil to help the lifter along annnnnd change again. FML man. I have so much oil that spilled all over my damn new garage floor it's unreal. Luckily I have a pressure washer. I have heavily considered scrapping my Tesla purchase in favor of getting a second vehicle now then selling it when I know I'll be able to get that Tesla 3 same day or close. Might get a truck.

Back
Top Bottom