Help, building a computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is a differance. With the 9800 Pro you have the ability to 'flash' it to a 9800XT, resulting in more FPS. This is basically just overclocking it, getting more than what you payed for.

If you honestly are only going to use the card for just those games you'll be more than pleased with anything above a 9800 Pro. The processor also plays a large roll in the FPS and smoothness, the CPU you picked out is more than enough for any of those games.

Benchmark wise the x800 with a similar system to your setup would get around 12,000-13,000 points in 3DMark03. On my stock 9800 Pro I got 10746. That's about 2000 below the x800, I also saved about $150 and will never notice a differance in gaming unless the games get really graphics heavy. I plan on buying a new card in 2 years or so anyways just to keep up with everything.

I said you can 'flash' the 9800 Pro to a 9800XT. It's like flashing the BIOS to a newer version, only the clock specs raise to 9800XT specifications and you get better game play for less. Go with the 9800 Pro.

Only downgrade if you don't have the money. If you have the money for everything, then disregard everything I said about the 9800 Pro and get that x800 XT PCIe card.

What is a good processor. I have the radion pro800 vid card and im looking at the amd 64 55 processor. I want to downgrade possibly and don't know what would still give me no lag and good quality.

busdriverwillie said:
What is a good processor. I have the radion pro800 vid card and im looking at the amd 64 55 processor. I want to downgrade possibly and don't know what would still give me no lag and good quality.

I've already answered your questions. You're just asking the same questions in different form everytime I check this. Like I said you will not have any problems with Medal of Honor lagging. If a 750mhz computer like my old one can run it, then you have no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom