Technical resume.

VintageModMan

Baseband Member
I'm posting this again as it's own thread. I really need some help.

I recently care across WGU (Western Goveners University) I have heard great things and traditional colleges have not been kind to me and I have a close friend who does compentcy based learning and he loves it.

So I submitted an application for their B.S. IT Network Administration. Have started to walk through the the process of enrolling and because the IT program requires previous completed course work, or an advanced IT certification (A+, Network + ect.) Or 3 years of experience. I opted for the experience. I have done the church IT and sound thing for almost what 4 years now. Along with my 8 months with my current company doing help desk support for our products and windows support. I do a lot of remote session to fix software and hardware. When I was asked for my resume. I sent it as usual and was advised that they needed a technical resume. I have untill Monday to turn it in to my adviser. What is the best way to go about that?

I'm posting this again as it's own thread. I really need some help.

I recently care across WGU (Western Goveners University) I have heard great things and traditional colleges have not been kind to me and I have a close friend who does compentcy based learning and he loves it.

So I submitted an application for their B.S. IT Network Administration. Have started to walk through the the process of enrolling and because the IT program requires previous completed course work, or an advanced IT certification (A+, Network + ect.) Or 3 years of experience. I opted for the experience. I have done the church IT and sound thing for almost what 4 years now. Along with my 8 months with my current company doing help desk support for our products and windows support. I do a lot of remote session to fix software and hardware. When I was asked for my resume. I sent it as usual and was advised that they needed a technical resume. I have untill Monday to turn it in to my adviser. What is the best way to go about that?
Anyone....I really just need an example or two. The ones online are vastly different.

Here's a bunch of samples for various roles:
https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/technology-resume-samples

Did you ask them what they were looking for in a technical resume?
I was told a technical resume with products I have used and maybe a few examples of projects I worked on issue being is after scouring the internet I have found pretty much nothing that resembles that. I really thought my resume was fine it has skills listed, profeciencies (I was told to elaborate) I just don't know how to do that in resume format.

Looks like I didn't pass my readiness assessment. Only option now is to get a certification. I've been studying for my A+ just concerned I will pay the money then fail it.

There are bundles like this one that are worth it. That gets you access to Certmaster which, imo, is one of the best study platforms there is. Ofc everyone learns differently but their method works great for me so I recommend it.

205$ for one voucher
versus
299$ for the bundle that includes one exam voucher, Certmaster courseware, and a retake voucher

Good luck

There are bundles like this one that are worth it. That gets you access to Certmaster which, imo, is one of the best study platforms there is. Ofc everyone learns differently but their method works great for me so I recommend it.

205$ for one voucher
versus
299$ for the bundle that includes one exam voucher, Certmaster courseware, and a retake voucher

Good luck
I've seen mixed reviews on it. I know my huge issues is I such at test. I get my self all worked up over them. I'm covering the Lynda videos from Mike Myers right now with ease. Then I want to do professor messer. I also have a student edu account so I can take the CompTIA a+ parts 1 and 2 for 94 dollars per test.

I have taken both the A+ and network+. I didn't find certbalster to be as useful. Professor Messer was good and a few books as far as studying. I paid for the actualtest.com subscription and they had more questions that were the exact same or at least similarly worded to that of the actual exams.

Back
Top Bottom