Potentially the longest thread in history...

Taco Casa... only eaten there once. Wasn't a fan :tongue:

I bought my shield almost two years ago. I love it. Use it for Plex like every day :tongue:

Bleh so tired of that conversation already onto mo betta topic! My Nvidia Shield came in yesterday and I have to say I am really ****ing happy with this piece of gear. I basically only bought it because I was so sick and tired of depending on consoles or the TV for Plex streaming. The Shield absolutely blows everything out of the water. It's so damn fast and responsive, almost like emulating Android on my PC at the TV. Very well worth the cost in my application because when it comes to electronics I'm a very impatient person and I absolutely HATE buffering in a movie.

Yeah the Shield is an amazing bit of kit. It is seriously under appreciated. It's been out for a year or two now, and it still decimates every new smart TV box to come to market. The speed on that thing is creepy fast. In many ways it is more responsive than a high end PC. Nvidia worked some serious magic. You click on Netflix and it starts playing in milliseconds, at the highest quality. It's just immense.

In completely unrelated news, I think I might start dumping a lot of money into buying Bitcoin.

Got today off to do the final inspection for the new house, gonna be interesting meeting the realestate agents face to face after all this kerfuffle and yelling lol

You say that's why you didn't reply
To be crystal, I knew you'd just come back saying no you're 100% right and everything you said is exactly how things be, because that's what you do for *literally* every single discussion you have on these boards. I'm not gonna bother reading that reply tbh, I ****in give up :p

In completely unrelated news, I think I might start dumping a lot of money into buying Bitcoin.

I'm still stuck on the fence. With China cracking down big time and JP Morgan speaking out against it, it's suffering from a lot of nervous investors. The price has been at AUD $6000, $4200, and $4900 over the last 3 weeks alone. I guess long-term you'd struggle to lose jumping in at any of those points, but still wouldn't make it any nicer right now had you invested when it was 6k+ :p
Also got a lot of reading to do around bitcoin security

Yeah the Shield is an amazing bit of kit. It is seriously under appreciated. It's been out for a year or two now, and it still decimates every new smart TV box to come to market. The speed on that thing is creepy fast. In many ways it is more responsive than a high end PC. Nvidia worked some serious magic. You click on Netflix and it starts playing in milliseconds, at the highest quality. It's just immense.

Yea man, I was showing my roomie today and he was floored. He was like dude, your 960 EVO doesn't even load things that fast. Only issue is Gamestream doesn't work good for me at all.

Got today off to do the final inspection for the new house, gonna be interesting meeting the realestate agents face to face after all this kerfuffle and yelling lol

To be crystal, I knew you'd just come back saying no you're 100% right and everything you said is exactly how things be, because that's what you do for *literally* every single discussion you have on these boards. I'm not gonna bother reading that reply tbh, I ****in give up :p

I'm still stuck on the fence. With China cracking down big time and JP Morgan speaking out against it, it's suffering from a lot of nervous investors. The price has been at AUD $6000, $4200, and $4900 over the last 3 weeks alone. I guess long-term you'd struggle to lose jumping in at any of those points, but still wouldn't make it any nicer right now had you invested when it was 6k+ :p
Well I mean I typically only get into arguments I know a lot about the subject matter, hence my stance on it. Trust me, you're not the only one who feels that way and most also turn around because they don't have a decent counter argument.

Big investors like JP are arguing against Bitcoin because they're part of the EEA. Naturally they would down talk their competition.

Do you guys believe in aliens? **segway**

Are UFOs a folly of deception or a blessing of perception?
Hah I actually can't talk about that stuff anymore.

Today my 2 new 8 core Xeons came in, and I set up my Sony 5.2 receiver. What I did was I junked the Logitech sub and stripped the ends off the Z506 speakers. Plugged those up and patched in my Yamaha sub and I got some good sound in here now.

Last edited:

I've been looking into it for a few hours a day for the past several days. The tl;dr is high risk / extreme reward. Yep, there are genuine fears it's in a bubble and could crash, that only criminals will ever use Bitcoin and it's real value might be $1000 or something. But no one really knows the value. *However*... the thing is, there is a good chance the value could be way way higher than it is now. The amount of people using Bitcoin relative to say, USD, is tiny. If over the next 5 to 10 years Bitcoin becomes more and more popular as people continue to lose trust in the traditional banking sector, the price could skyrocket. There are intelligent people doing the hard math and saying, you know, there is no reason if it became hugely popular that it could not be worth anywhere from $500k to $2m per bitcoin. Equally there are a lot of informed people that suggest it could realistically reach between 50 to 250k in the next 5 years.

So yeah, who knows. It has the potential to collapse and you'll lose 80% of your money. It has the potential for you to invest $5k and get $1m return in a decade or two.

I don't really care anymore, I am fed up with being poor. I am happy to risk 80% of my spare money on this in the hope it pays off. If it doesn't pay off i'll be no poorer than I am now. Meh. Pretty sure 95% of these millionaire investors didn't get rich through low risk strategies. If I dont spend it on BTC i'll only blow it on some stupid **** like PCs or cameras.

As for security, the tl;dr is don't trust any online vault e.g. Coinbase vault, don't save any private or public keys and seeds on your PC, on OneDrive, in a picture or anything. Write it down, print it out and put it in a safe. Ideally several times, in several places with people you can trust. Or, buy a hardware wallet. Banks can close down, Bitcoin exchanges can get shut down, your PC can get spyware or hacked, but your BTC is still secure in this hardware wallet. E.g. https://trezor.io/

Last edited:
Douple post yey.

My boss is a ****. I arrive late 3 days in a row, get pulled into a lil meeting and told to improve my punctuality. Fine I get it.

I get told off for talking too much, fine I get that too. My boss said it's not just me and the other guys talk too much too.

But what pisses me off is double ****ing standards. Basically my boss, the IT Director, used to be the software team manager. Now he is the manager for the two software guys and the ops guys, including me. Last week, the snr software dude arrived 20 minutes late every day, has he had a meeting ? nope. Has boss even made a passing comment in jest ? nope. I've also noticed, this same guy is still talking to me **** loads throughout the day and it's getting on my nerves. Surely he's been told, 'cus the boss said it wasn't just me and he was going to speak to us separately about talking to much. So I put out a feeder.. well ofcourse, that wasn't true at all, only person who's been told is me (the other ops guy never talks, to be fair).

Basically he has a massive ****ing hardon for the two software guys because he's also a software person so there is that mutual respect and understanding between them. They're also the same age and so on. I'm 5 years younger (big whoopy!) and a pathetic operations guy so everything is my fault and I don't get away with half the **** the snr software guy does. ****s me off. I'm going to start taking personal notes of every situation where i've been unfairly solely blamed for something and then slap it down on HR directors table.

Anyone else think Cheryl Tweedy, aka Cheryl; is just a load of ****.

Seriously the woman cant sing with out having some sort of effect on her voice. Apparently she tried to break the USA I read ages ago and you Americans thought she sounded like a Muppet.

She was in the paper and online for loosing the belly flab now she has given birth to a kid. Casually just standing their as if playing it down that she has a flat belly. But yeah secretly look at my stomach because I'm fit. **** that man.

You cant sing, and your a fame grabbing two faced money hungry tart.

Anyone else think Cheryl Tweedy, aka Cheryl; is just a load of ****.

Seriously the woman cant sing with out having some sort of effect on her voice. Apparently she tried to break the USA I read ages ago and you Americans thought she sounded like a Muppet.

She was in the paper and online for loosing the belly flab now she has given birth to a kid. Casually just standing their as if playing it down that she has a flat belly. But yeah secretly look at my stomach because I'm fit. **** that man.

You cant sing, and your a fame grabbing two faced money hungry tart.

She's looks pwedi so she gets a pass from me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom