Potentially the longest thread in history...

original drinks are the best, i still don't get why people drink diet drinks thinking they're "losing" weight?

If all other factors are kept the same, a person who eats 55-110g more sugar than another does (i.e. 1-2 cans of 500ml energy drink) every day or two, that person will gain weight faster and be able to sustain a higher overall weight.
Problem is as you said, aforementioned fat people use it as an excuse to eat more instead. Smh -_- xD

edit: 56g of sugar is about 4.5 tablespoons of sugar https://i.imgur.com/xPspWR8.jpg

People drink diet soda because they think it's better for them than the original. The problem there being the corn syrup is the real bad guy and instead of a natural substance like sugar they're replacing with an addictive artificial sweetener. It's pretty dumb tbh, and diet sodas taste so much worse than regular.

I don't like Monster at all so no point trying the Ultra. I don't like the majority of energy drinks on the market actually. Think they all taste like ***.

Generally it IS better for you than the original (judged on case by case basis). Monster Ultra has ~9 calories in it, vs ~199 calories in an original. Your daily requirement is somewhere around 1800-2500 calories depending on how large a person you are, so one can is about 10% of your daily energy needs. And it was pretty much just eating a crap ton of sugar, nothing else useful except some added vitamins sometimes.

IMO not liking one version is not a very good reason to never try other flavours from the same company :p they're not the same damn flavour. Fwiw I hate the taste of the normal Monster version too

Oh ye there's also an orange tasting 'sunrise' version:
https://www.monsterenergy.cn/au/en/products/monster-ultra/ultra-sunrise-293
Always seems a little flat carbonation-wise is my only complaint.

NOW that is a name I haven't heard in years... Hope he's ok?

Yeah he's fine now, probably just a bunch of mozzies haha
When you coming back to visit? Spring's just here and there's no hurricanes :p

Last edited:
Damn, what a day. I got a call for a store in Nashville yesterday afternoon that had a server acting up. I called and spoke to the owner's IT guy and from the description it sounded like the box was dying. Just my luck I did not have one. I called up my lead and asked if they had one i the regional office but got no luck. He did say he thought one of the other techs might have one. I called the guy in western Alabama but he didn't have one. So I went digging in the system and found that the guy in Atlanta had one. I called him up to see about meeting this morning but he was going to be heading down to Savannah to field some calls. He did, however, put a combination lock on his storage unit so I could get into it and get the server.

I left out his morning at 9AM. I live about 35 miles NE of Chattanooga and his storage unit is about 40 miles below Atlanta, so I had to go completely through Atlanta at lunchtime to get to his storage unit (my GPS detoured me three times around traffic), and then come back up through it again and head on to Nashville.

I arrived at the store in Nashville at 9:30PM, 8:30 Central time. I pull the CPU and hard drive from the old server, install them in the new box, and get it all back up and running in just over an hour. Thankfully there was no traffic coming home and I got here at 2AM.

17 hours, 640 miles. I don't think I can handle too many of these.

original drinks are the best, i still don't get why people drink diet drinks thinking they're "losing" weight?
I guess the explanation I heard many years ago was so they can save calories on the drink and eat more.
Some people I guess just prefer the Diet taste

I drink them because they are sugar free. Being diabetic I have to watch out for it.

Damn, what a day. I got a call for a store in Nashville yesterday afternoon that had a server acting up. I called and spoke to the owner's IT guy and from the description it sounded like the box was dying. Just my luck I did not have one. I called up my lead and asked if they had one i the regional office but got no luck. He did say he thought one of the other techs might have one. I called the guy in western Alabama but he didn't have one. So I went digging in the system and found that the guy in Atlanta had one. I called him up to see about meeting this morning but he was going to be heading down to Savannah to field some calls. He did, however, put a combination lock on his storage unit so I could get into it and get the server.

I left out his morning at 9AM. I live about 35 miles NE of Chattanooga and his storage unit is about 40 miles below Atlanta, so I had to go completely through Atlanta at lunchtime to get to his storage unit (my GPS detoured me three times around traffic), and then come back up through it again and head on to Nashville.

I arrived at the store in Nashville at 9:30PM, 8:30 Central time. I pull the CPU and hard drive from the old server, install them in the new box, and get it all back up and running in just over an hour. Thankfully there was no traffic coming home and I got here at 2AM.

I drink them because they are sugar free. Being diabetic I have to watch out for it.
Ah that makes Sense.
Didn't think about that.
Do you drink diet or the Coke zero... sugar

Ah that makes Sense.
Didn't think about that.
Do you drink diet or the Coke zero... sugar

I really like the Coke zero sugar. The Pepsi zero sugar is pretty good, too. Really like Diet Mountain Dew as well. ;)

Pepsi Max added a Ginger version a few months ago, I really love that but you don't see it much.

At the minute I'm drinking about a gallon a day in energy drinks.

I've got a really bad addiction. Euroshopper original energy drink. 1 Litre bottles for £1 ..

When I stop drinking them I get withdraw. Headaches, Migraines, Dry mouth, sickness and the sweats. The sweats and migraines are the worst.

I've had an addiction for about the past 6 years. Sometimes when I'm on it. Like a session after popping my anti depressants I can stop awake for up too 36 hours. Then a 3 too 4 days turn around in bed.

I cant stop drinking them for the side effects what are horrific as they present them selves as withdraw symptoms.

The sweating with the headaches are bad but the headaches are the worst. Like proper full blown migraines. I've been in hospital several times threw them. Had the paramedics to my house and panic attacks left right and centre.

When your rocking tho its the best feeling ever being rite up their on a session.

EDIT: I'm all ready on my third bottle for today.

Last edited:
At the minute I'm drinking about a gallon a day in energy drinks.

I've got a really bad addiction. Euroshopper original energy drink. 1 Litre bottles for £1 ..

When I stop drinking them I get withdraw. Headaches, Migraines, Dry mouth, sickness and the sweats. The sweats and migraines are the worst.

I've had an addiction for about the past 6 years. Sometimes when I'm on it. Like a session after popping my anti depressants I can stop awake for up too 36 hours. Then a 3 too 4 days turn around in bed.

I cant stop drinking them for the side effects what are horrific as they present them selves as withdraw symptoms.

The sweating with the headaches are bad but the headaches are the worst. Like proper full blown migraines. I've been in hospital several times threw them. Had the paramedics to my house and panic attacks left right and centre.

When your rocking tho its the best feeling ever being rite up their on a session.

EDIT: I'm all ready on my third bottle for today.

Dude, you really need to fix that. And I say that as someone who also eats very unhealthy. But what you are doing is really, really bad. That amount of caffeine and sugar every single day is going to cause serious damage.

If all other factors are kept the same, a person who eats 55-110g more sugar than another does (i.e. 1-2 cans of 500ml energy drink) every day or two, that person will gain weight faster and be able to sustain a higher overall weight.
Problem is as you said, aforementioned fat people use it as an excuse to eat more instead. Smh -_- xD

edit: 56g of sugar is about 4.5 tablespoons of sugar https://i.imgur.com/xPspWR8.jpg

Generally it IS better for you than the original (judged on case by case basis). Monster Ultra has ~9 calories in it, vs ~199 calories in an original. Your daily requirement is somewhere around 1800-2500 calories depending on how large a person you are, so one can is about 10% of your daily energy needs. And it was pretty much just eating a crap ton of sugar, nothing else useful except some added vitamins sometimes.

IMO not liking one version is not a very good reason to never try other flavours from the same company :p they're not the same damn flavour. Fwiw I hate the taste of the normal Monster version too

Oh ye there's also an orange tasting 'sunrise' version:
https://www.monsterenergy.cn/au/en/products/monster-ultra/ultra-sunrise-293
Always seems a little flat carbonation-wise is my only complaint.

Calorie intake doesn't make something more or less healthy for you, it's the ingredients. Guarantee I exceed my calorie intake daily and I've been practically the same weight since I was a teenager but I also keep an eye on what I eat too (minus that one period quoted in Chor's sig which I did lose that weight fast). I don't eat until I'm completely full and miserable every day. I drink about 3 Dr Peppers a day which is 250 calories and 64g of sugars per bottle, and that's just at work and not including what I drink at home. When I make a cup of coffee without creamer (as in Coffee Mate Original or milk) I use 2 tablespoons a cup and drink about 2 cups a day. I'm already well over a single can of energy drink and cheaper too :silly:

As to energy drinks, I've had other flavors of Monster. They all taste like **** to me. 90% of energy drinks on the market have the same after taste to me and it's simply because most all energy drinks have similar ingredients when it comes to the energy aspect of it. The only two drinks I've found I can tolerate are Bawls and Monster Nitrous. I'm just not a huge energy drink fan though, because they taste like ***, cost a high price, and don't do anything for me but make me want to vigorously brush my tongue to get the taste out. If I want to be status quo I'll have coffee with everybody else.

This right here is the only legit reason IMO to drink diet drinks.

I would love to get back down under for a visit... Just don't have the money right now. Just moved to Tenn. and still waiting for the wife to start making more money than I do again. LOL

Back
Top Bottom