New Ryzen build performance and other questions

mikee

Fully Optimized
I just completed (well minus moving my files drives) my new ryzen rig. It has a ryzen 5 1400, 16gb ddr4 2400 ram, 240gb ssd (from sig rig) GTX 950 (from sig rig). List of new parts here
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZtpfzM

Basically the stuff I asked about in my other thread

Anyway what I am wondering is I feel like it is performing not up to what it should be.

Userbenchmark
UserBenchmarks: Game 36%, Desk 58%, Work 45%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 - 67.3%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950 - 32.7%
SSD: Crucial M500 240GB - 66.3%
USB: SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB - 78.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C16 2x8GB - 87%
MBD: Asrock AB350 Pro4

Compared to what it should be based on other people's scores it should be pretty much battlecruiser across the board but mine is lower.

cinebench
screenshot.1.jpg

I'm just curious as to why some of my results are worse than others with the same processor.
Gaming score on this new computer in userbenchmark is actually lower than my old computer which I find disturbing

cool and yeah about gaming I'm not worried. Been playing beamng on my head on collision map and it runs about 70-80 fps even with other cars driving around and collisions. Old computer would be at 12 fps. 7 days to die still has the micro stutter problem but I guess thats just an issue with the game. Not exactly sure what's up with the benchmarks but what ever

When I was building though I like to test once I have the mobo and psu sorted out just to rule out any defects and the onboard video doesn't work. I paniced a little but then remembered that the ryzen probably doesn't have graphics built in.

Last edited:
Yeah dont base it off benchmarks and only one game.
Sure i had a few hiccups with my ryzen rig but they were fixed by driver updates.

which drivers did you have to update?

I updated to the latest bios and installed some stuff off the mobo cd

What he'd be talking about would be the platform updates, and those really only affect the scalability of RAM speed to performance from the infinity fabric. I wouldn't install jack **** off a board CD.

My updates have just been microcode updates and Driver updates concerning my graphics card I never used the CD software for my motherboard as the ones you can find off the internet will be more up to speed

Back
Top Bottom