New Phone Soon

PopoChubbs

Casually Filthy
Well friends, it's getting near that time again where I'm up for an upgrade. I'm not entirely disappointed in my Droid Turbo 2, but I don't openly embrace cell phone tech to know what's really out there to consider. I've seen some of you on here talk about phones I've not even heard of (which could potentially be because they're outside of the US), and I'd love to know more about your experiences thus far. Primary concerns include upgradeable memory if it doesn't come with lots to begin with, clear display, and durability. I prefer keeping away from iPhone for now.

Thanks in advance!

Since you are on Verizon you are limited to phones for Verizon.

Some top contenders:
Pixel [no SD card slot]
Pixel XL [no SD card slot]
Galaxy S8
Galaxy S8+
LG G6
Moto Z Droid (Z2 should be coming out in the next few months)
Moto Z Force Droid (Z2 Force should be coming out in the next few months)
Galaxy S7
LG V20 (V30 should be coming out in the next few months)
HTC 10

I have the ZTE Axon 7 which some use on Verizon. You have to activate your SIM in an actual Verizon phone first but then you can pop in the A7 and away you go.

Last edited:
Since you are on Verizon you are limited to phones for Verizon.

Some top contenders:
Pixel [no SD card slot]
Pixel XL [no SD card slot]
Galaxy S8
Galaxy S8+
LG G6
Moto Z Droid (Z2 should be coming out in the next few months)
Moto Z Force Droid (Z2 Force should be coming out in the next few months)
Galaxy S7
LG V20 (V30 should be coming out in the next few months)
HTC 10

I have the ZTE Axon 7 which some use on Verizon. You have to activate your SIM in an actual Verizon phone first but then you can pop in the A7 and away you go.

I almost hate that there are so many to choose from! Doesn't help my already poor decisiveness. Definitely sounds like there isn't really anything definitive though, just sorta comes down to preference.

Go to a Verizon store and play around with the phones and see what you like.

That's my typical M.O., and it never really feels...productive. Having a more clear idea of what I want going in there makes the process feel a little more in my favor, you know? Sales guys hovering around don't really make it any easier, and I can't trust what they say about the phones themselves. I'd feel better having 1 or 2 in mind going into it that I can focus on, so I may just take the above mentioned list and try to narrow it down a little.

Of those, if it were me, I would focus on the LG G6, the LG V20, the Moto Z2 Play (not on list but worth considering), Moto Z Play, Moto Z.

My reasoning:
1. I am not a Samsung guy. I tend to turn away from the "top dog" in almost everything; I guess it is a defiance kind of thing.

2. The G6 looks to be a frigging awesome phone all around without being gimmicky.

3. The V20 has gotten very little publicity but it holds its own, plus the secondary screen looks to actually be useful. If you like listening to music on headphones then the V20 is a great choice.

4. The Z2 Play is the newest of the Moto Z line, but the Z2 Play, Z Play, and Z can all use Moto Mods. The Moto Z Play has outstanding battery life which would be even better with a battery mod added to it. I didn't list the Z Force due to its price.

Like I said, many are using the ZTE Axon 7 on Verizon. If you want to check it out you will have to look up a Best buy that physically has them in stock. If you are using your own IP and not a VPN Best Buy says there are not any stores in your area that carry them.

Of those, if it were me, I would focus on the LG G6, the LG V20, the Moto Z2 Play (not on list but worth considering), Moto Z Play, Moto Z.

My reasoning:
1. I am not a Samsung guy. I tend to turn away from the "top dog" in almost everything; I guess it is a defiance kind of thing.

2. The G6 looks to be a frigging awesome phone all around without being gimmicky.

3. The V20 has gotten very little publicity but it holds its own, plus the secondary screen looks to actually be useful. If you like listening to music on headphones then the V20 is a great choice.

4. The Z2 Play is the newest of the Moto Z line, but the Z2 Play, Z Play, and Z can all use Moto Mods. The Moto Z Play has outstanding battery life which would be even better with a battery mod added to it. I didn't list the Z Force due to its price.

Like I said, many are using the ZTE Axon 7 on Verizon. If you want to check it out you will have to look up a Best buy that physically has them in stock. If you are using your own IP and not a VPN Best Buy says there are not any stores in your area that carry them.

This is really helpful! Thanks Trotter!!

Hello! You might want to consider the new Nokia 8! It's an Android device with pretty cool features, but I will have to admit that it's not the sleekest. I am personally opting for the iPhone X for my next upgrade, I simply love its look and the amazing features that has been added to it!

Back
Top Bottom