CS:GO Internet Lag On Fiber Broadband

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Basically the title. I know its not because of my PC's specs as they are well enough to run the game in high settings at 1080p. What happens in the game is that I get Internet-related lag like seeing people instantly jump to different areas and my character and everyone being immobilized for a few seconds. This is wierd as my broadband has recently been upgraded with fiber and I normally hit downloads of around 10mb/s. There are no other tasks on the computer that are taking up network bandwidth so what is the issue? Is it the server? I dont think so because nobody else seems to be affected. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh atm I'm just connecting to the official server and I see ping values ranging from 20 to 50. I'm not lagging at the moment, next time im in a laggy match I'll check and post the ping.

Update:
So when I do have lag my pings shoots to around 200-900ms, why is that happening?

Thats probably the case but I dont see how one or few people could take so much bandwidth

Not at all, it's quite common especially if you have a lower rate upload. I mean I have gigabit internet (full symmetrical fiber) and when the kids are hammering the connection with constant Youtube switches I can see my ping in RL go from 8 to 120 easy on US servers. It's just all in the equipment, the service, what exactly is being done in the background, and what location the servers you're connecting to are at.

Not at all, it's quite common especially if you have a lower rate upload. I mean I have gigabit internet (full symmetrical fiber) and when the kids are hammering the connection with constant Youtube switches I can see my ping in RL go from 8 to 120 easy on US servers. It's just all in the equipment, the service, what exactly is being done in the background, and what location the servers you're connecting to are at.

I must agree with you, it depends on how much devices are you connected to your internet. For me, the biggest problem is YouTube video, ping is jumping as crazy.

Back
Top Bottom