OC capabilities!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abit, Asus, MSI, are all brands to consider plus a few more. Personally i like Abit, but i heard MSI is right there too. Decide what you want and what you can afford and it should point out one of them over the other
I agree that ABit and MSI have good boards. Especially the MSI Neo2-Platinum, I was fairly impressed with it and it's rather extensive BIOS menu. I don't like ASUS though BLEH! :p

EDIT: BTW you're going to need awful good cooling if you want to OC those chips. I don't know how good those OC. There's one core in particular, the Winchester core I think it is that OC's a little better than the others, but I'm not sure which CPU's that core is made for. Other than that nothing overclocks better than an XP-Mobile barton core ;)

yah, ive got my xp-m to 2.7 ghz, but ive stepped it back to 2.6 ghz, runs in the 40's all the time... and i just got ina case of 10 12cm fans... so im looking to hit 2.8 ghz on this 83 dollar processor, so if you are looking for something to really overclock go for one of these... you just can't beat em.

There on socket 754 or A right? IF so im not looking for something like that , I would like to upgrade in the feature aswell, but if not 83$ proc that OC to 2.6 on good cooling in down

Keep me informed :)

Say i went with a AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2500+, 266 FSB, 512K Cache. For 92$ at newegg OEM. What board would go good with this and good for OC?

I have the MSI Mobo now. AWESOME!!! i love it, to bad i dont have the cpu yet to really get to turn it on. But it looks cool!!! The XP-M CPUS are on Socket A. I mean i still have this 3200+ and it runs Doom3 and HL2 fine for me. If you get the XP-M then it would be a hell of alot cheaper for 1 and you could OC past FX speeds!

Not discontinued if alot of ppl are still buying them. Ppl just think they are old cause verybody is looking into 64-bit amd's and the fact that they are still on socket A. They are still good though.

P.P. Mguire said:
Not discontinued if alot of ppl are still buying them. Ppl just think they are old cause verybody is looking into 64-bit amd's and the fact that they are still on socket A. They are still good though.

lol...they are still available online yes. but they are discontinued, they are no longer made and when the last one is sold online...they are gone forever. socket A is still upgradable in many other ways, and still pretty fast...but i has seen it's glory days.

but still faster than what most of the owrld has today. We only think they are old cause most everybody on this forum(cept the major) has either a 3200+ or above. and all the newbies are trying to upgrade to just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom