Razer ManO'War for Old HP m8120n

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Hello,
I'm in the process of purchasing a gaming headset! Found the top gaming pc headsets and it goes to the Razer one.

However...
It's asking for a USB 3.0 according to the review. See the link below.

Here is my current PC. It doesn't have a USB 3.0.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01070924

Here's the review:
Razer ManO'War review | TechRadar

Which one do you recommend? Currently there's a sale in Amazon for $89 for it! I'm thinking of the drop from $110 to $89, I can just purchase the USB 3.0 hardware.

Does all PCI support USB 3.0?

I only have one PCI-E slot I use for the graphics card already.

Honestly I'd just get a pair of good headphones (like some Sennheisers) and either an AntLion ModMic or a Yeti desk mic.

I had a Corsair gaming headset, while fairly nice, wasn't that comfortable for extended periods of gaming and the mic wasn't the best quality.

Decided to pick up a pair of Sennhesier HD598Cs's a couple months ago and a ModMic..and I don't regret my decision. I can literally wear my Senns all day without any discomfort - my gaming headset would start to hurt my ears after several hours of wearing them.

Honestly I'd just get a pair of good headphones (like some Sennheisers) and either an AntLion ModMic or a Yeti desk mic.

I had a Corsair gaming headset, while fairly nice, wasn't that comfortable for extended periods of gaming and the mic wasn't the best quality.

Decided to pick up a pair of Sennhesier HD598Cs's a couple months ago and a ModMic..and I don't regret my decision. I can literally wear my Senns all day without any discomfort - my gaming headset would start to hurt my ears after several hours of wearing them.

Anything within 1% of that quality for about $30 less around $95?

I think sound in conjunction with visuals are very important immersive experience.

To the other guy, what are some computer stuff I can buy?

Theres also esports kind of headphones but with lesser quality. Though I like the route of Carnage of a higher quality headset.

Anything within 1% of that quality for about $30 less around $95?

I think sound in conjunction with visuals are very important immersive experience.

I mean, I got my 598CS's from their Warehouse Deals for around $70-80. I see there's several other entries for $70 from their Warehouse Deals. ModMic's are about $50 new, and Yeti Blue's are around $130 when not on sale (believe they occasionally go down to $70-ish once in a while).

I mean, I got my 598CS's from their Warehouse Deals for around $70-80. I see there's several other entries for $70 from their Warehouse Deals. ModMic's are about $50 new, and Yeti Blue's are around $130 when not on sale (believe they occasionally go down to $70-ish once in a while).

Thanks!

I have only Amazon credits at this point unfortunately.

Thanks for mic suggestion! The hunt foe headphones are still on. This will be for Starcraft 2.

And the Razer stuff will die probably in 6 months. Terrible gear. Would be better off putting that money in the PC rather than in a headset.

^
He's not lying.
(Quietly whistles while using a Razer deathadder mouse...)
Anyhow what kind of sound quality are you looking for akasixcon?
I would not worry about USB3 compatibility as USB3 is backwards compatible towards USB 2 so if you cant find USB2 USB3 will work just fine.
Still though are you a audiophile or just want something to game with that everyone can hear you on and deliver good sound quality?

Thanks!

I have only Amazon credits at this point unfortunately.

Thanks for mic suggestion! The hunt foe headphones are still on. This will be for Starcraft 2.

I have a corsair void wireless and love it.

For gaming the mic is good and the audio is great imo.

I think you can get the wired version for like $50 or wireless for around $80-90

Back
Top Bottom