how many fans in your case is considered overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im was* at 36c . 24c case

How many fans can you fit in your case?

Nubius's answer: Not enough!

Ive got quite a few myself... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 total.

*see my other post.

EdoKoi said:
my CPU currently says 52C and Mobo's @ 36C !!

that can't be good.

or is that "ok" to have.

i thought getting this new case would help it out, even changed the Heatsink fan.

seems high to me though...

It is probably fine. Find out if your under load temperature is greater than 65C or so, then you might want to invest in some arctic silver 5 and a nice HSF.

GeckoEcho421 said:
THE MOST IMPORTANT FAN IN YOUR CASE IS THE FAN THAT BLOWS AIR OUT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, heat rises...

Technically, it would be the CPU Fan;), unless you have it water cooled.:cool:

Hmm let me count my fans, 4 80mm intake fans, 3 80mm Exhaust fans, 1 80mm side intake fan, 1 80mm Vantec Tornado for the CPU on full blast all the time (Epitome of loudness), 2 80mm PSU fans, 40mm northbridge fan, and a GPU fan. That's 13 total fans and I haven't even started modding yet :). Can you say hair dryer on low?

That's 13 total fans and I haven't even started modding yet .
Ok counting GPU and NB fan I have 15....

My case was a generic piece of crap though so it required modding to be able to handle all these fans.

my CPU currently says 52C and Mobo's @ 36C !!

that can't be good.

or is that "ok" to have.

What kind of CPU do you have?

52C sitting idle you're probably up in the 60's on full load. This really needs some attention as I generally don't even feel comfortable having it up in the high 50's.

actually, you want the outtake removing air at the same or higher rate as the intake. You want to remove the warm air from the components. If you wanna try this test and dont mind ruining a perfectly good system, set all fans as intake. Get very stale, hot air. Now all as outies, you still get high temps but the fans are pulling the hot air AWAY from the components. Now for maximum effect, pull the hot air away in equal or greater amounts pcf than the intakes, then you get the heat away from the components, and good air convection. As far as the placement, depends on what you have and case types as well as heat sinks, but for the most part, yeah you want to try and suck through the top if possible, but may not be depending on the hardware, but above all that make SURE to keep the air flow in ONE general direction and no cross flow.

i dont know how you can take the noise of all those fans ive only got 5 not including the psu and graphics card and it all ready sounds like a 747 about to take off. all the noise comes from my 2 vantec tornadoes but i couldnt imagine doubling the amount of fans i have. in the end though i guess all that matters is that it cools down the computer. that and if you ever need a leaf blower just attach a hose and get to work.

Nubius said:

52C sitting idle you're probably up in the 60's on full load. This really needs some attention as I generally don't even feel comfortable having it up in the high 50's.

P4 2.0 gHz @ 2017.9MHz

(sadly) FSB @ 100MHz

Bus Speed @ 403.6MHz

SiS650 Northwood socket 478

need/want to upgrade to an aSuS A8V deluxe and AMD 3000 - 3500+cpu very soon.

this CPU's definately not keeping up w/ my 9800Pro, egh.

Nubius said:
Ok counting GPU and NB fan I have 15....

My case was a generic piece of crap though so it required modding to be able to handle all these fans.

Yeah but you're cheating, I haven't had any power tools within a 10 foot radius of my computer. I plan on getting a fan for the exhaust up top... 120mm sounds good... hmm what about this- http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-88.html ? I need to get one of those for my rear exhaust lol.

hey nubius, not to be rude but wouldnt it be easyier to just get a small liquid cooling system and put a water block on ur cpu and put a fan ontop and have a radiator in the front bottom of ur case and have like 2 more well placed to create the perfect airflow and reduce the noise by half? well actually idk how much noise ur's produces but just a suggestion. and btw nice case modding, very professianal lookin (not to be sarcastic, tho it may sound it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom