Firefox 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labtech

Baseband Member
I recently kept getting a security alert pop up once every 30minutes .
It said:

Security Alert (Headlines)

"The internet site you are about to view uses a certificate that has expired or not yet valid. Do you want to proceed?".

I have "yes" , "no" and "view "certifications"

If i click on Certifications info inside is

Issued to web-g-kontiti.com

Issued by verisign.com/CPS incorp.by ref

It has install certifications button and Issuer statement button.

--------------------------------------------------
I click no everytime but it kept popping up after while even when i am not surfing or have my browser open up.

OOO Konitki is spy/adware. That is bad stuff brotha. Just don't accept them or whatever doesn't allow them to function. Or don't go to that site.

I had a similar problem that was caused by my system time/date being incorrect, therefore making the certificates on secure sites invalid. Modifying your clock settings may or may not help. Lazerman is probably right though about the whole ad-ware thing.

-Dan The Man

hmm. firefox. I went to load it about a week ago and havent really used it til today. went to my work site to monitor tax forms and such and it asked me to load a java plugin. fine. so i do and then during the install, my ad aware adwatch tool(monitors the registry) pops up and says that it is trying to write a data miner value to my registry.
yeah. easy to fix. deleted firefox, gonna take the majors advice and try opera now.

sunsider said:
hmm. firefox. I went to load it about a week ago and havent really used it til today. went to my work site to monitor tax forms and such and it asked me to load a java plugin. fine. so i do and then during the install, my ad aware adwatch tool(monitors the registry) pops up and says that it is trying to write a data miner value to my registry.
yeah. easy to fix. deleted firefox, gonna take the majors advice and try opera now.

if that is your response to working in the computer world, you might want to give up computing. the more popular a browser get, the more people will try to figure a code to attack it. if opera become as popular as firefox, people will figure out a way to get into it.

adblock would have solve your problem in firefox. due to the recent popularity of firefox, people are wanting to figure out ways to get into it.

people didn't get this mad, when IE had more holes than swiss cheese. at least firefox didn't let the software install itself, like IE would have

I understand why it happens. What I don't get is why the java plugin, from sun microsystems, needs to use data miners.
As far as giving up computing, it's how I make my living and I have low tolerance for any software that decides it needs to inflict my system with crap. I was able to block the miner from loading, that was easy. The problems came after I blocked it when the plugin would not work properly.
Therefore, I uninstalled the program. Re-installed it, and allowed the data miner into my registry. And suprise suprise, it worked properly now. Hmm, so let them corrupt my registry to use their software or not. Tough question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom