Memeory Reference Error - Any Ideas On Fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xula said:
I was just looking at FreshDiagnose with the memory, and noticed something...I don't know what it means if anything, under Supported Memory Types: DIMM is not supported. Then down on the installed memory module, it's type is DIMM,SDRAM. What does that mean?

My mo'bo has two DDR sockets and two SD RAM sockets--I'm useing only 1 DDR socket with the RAM. Any ideas? The picture is attached...thanks once again!

(I took out color etc from picture to reduce size...)

thanks again for any help

wait, are you using an SDRAM stick in a DDR slot?

*coughs* considering it doesn't fit in the slot and can't be jammed in without breaking, I don't think so. He's using 1 of the ddr slots with his 512 ddr (that's shown in his sig)

dual inline memory module is DIMM

idk, maybe the new 300w power supply is causing problems. when i had a 400w psu in my system i was getting errors what i thought were ram related. if you didnt have the errors before when you had the 600w in there, then maybe it is the 300w psu, not being able to power everything.

I didn't have it quite long enough to tell, unforunately. I should be getting it back sometime soon...though, I think it is not the cause soley for the reason it worked perfectly up until a few months ago, and I haven't added any new hardware.

All I can figure is it's something with the Operating System...I'm trying to get a friend or relative to send the CD, as I don't have it at the moment.

Anyways, thanks for all the help *everyone*...and if you have any other ideas, be sure to let me know (or questions/whatever!) I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll be sure to wander back.

Thanks again,
X

It usually comes up with specific programs I have on the computer (even after re-installing them)...which used to work not too long ago. That one above that I took the picture of is AOL's "System Utility" where you're supposed to be able to view the network information and uninstall the adapter...but there are several other applications doing that too. Internet Explorer usually isn't apart of it, though occasionaly (maybe once every two days), it will do the same thing.

thanks,
X

well, what other apps do this? may shed some light, especially if they are network protocol dependant programs and what not. could also be corrupt pagefile.sys so may wanna try and delete the pagefile.sys and have windows recreate it. also before hand, do this Go here and download an unzipped version of StartupList.

http://d21c.com/Tom41/

Once downloaded, double click on it and click yes when it asks if you wish to continue. It will create a text file, Copy and paste that file in a reply.

It happens with many different applications...but they all do evolve around the internet. Games, browsers, etc. At least what comes to mind. To re-create the pagefile.sys I just delete this file, correct? Could you tell me where it's at? I used window's search on the C drive, and it came up empty.

And with that thing to run, which file is it? I didn't see any that I knew related to what you said (StartupList)...

sounds awsome, though, please respond and I'll get right to it. thanks a bunch!

X

ah, pagefile.sys is a hidden system file. you'll need to enable show hidden files in folder options in explorer. FIRST, goto that link and run that startup program sorry just realized looks like the link is gone.... get hijackthis and post the log here. It shows what is loading on startup and if you have any hijackers. You may also wanna reinstall the DUN

***EDIT: sorry, but by the time came back to work with nothing to do, you post was buried way into the archives. may take a little while to reply.

With the pagefile.sys -- I searched again with hidden files shown, and came up empty. I did go to My Computer > Performance > Paging File > Erased the one on C: drive and added one to F: drive (the other 40GB drive in my computer)--someone said it'd perform better, so that should've taken care of that problem anyway, right?

Here's the hijackthis log:---------
----------------------------------------
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 6:01:35 PM, on 12/17/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
C:\web\Apache\Apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETSUP~1\client32.exe
C:\web\Apache\Apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hffsrv.exe
C:\mysql\bin\mysqld-max-nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NetSupport Manager\Gateway32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MEGATEC\RUPS20~1\Rupsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TrayIcon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Sktempdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winXPupdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Citi Virtual Account Numbers\CitiVAN.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\Pulse\Pulse.exe
C:\Program Files\P- Agent\PwAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\CACHEMAN\Cacheman.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SK9910DM.exe
C:\Program Files\WinProxy\WinProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\ISP50\Bin\Bartshel.exe
C:\Program Files\JumpKey\Jumpkey.exe
C:\Program Files\FreshDevices\FreshDownload\fd.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jao\Desktop\Unused\Hide-It!.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ISP50\bin\ppshared.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\MailWasher Pro\MailWasher.exe
C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jao\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://localhost/homepage.php
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\blank.htm
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: 66.45.242.210 sendemo.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CitiUS Shared Browser Helper Object - {387EDF53-1CF2-4523-BC2F-13462651BE8C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\BhoCitUS.dll
O2 - BHO: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\PPCToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Smart Login - {AB4758E0-5BC4-11D6-A846-DCEF4DE0604E} - C:\PROGRA~1\SMARTL~1\SmHToolBand.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\PPCToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSSoundMan] C:\WINDOWS\System32\SoundMan.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSSetCDfmt] C:\WINDOWS\System32\SetCDfmt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DisplayTrayIcon] C:\WINDOWS\System32\TrayIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Detect Kbd Daemon] SK2000DM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Winsock32driver] winXPupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CitiVAN] C:\Program Files\Citi Virtual Account Numbers\CitiVAN.exe /dontopenmycards
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bart Station] C:\Program Files\ISP50\BIN\PPCOLink -STATION
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPCRunonce] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PPCRunOnce.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [MOSearch] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\MOSearch\Bin\mosearch.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDMon.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Pulse] C:\Program Files\Pulse\Pulse.exe -splash
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PasswordAgent] C:\Program Files\P- Agent\PwAgent.exe /minimize
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Cacheman] C:\PROGRA~1\CACHEMAN\Cacheman.exe
O4 - Startup: WinProxy 1.5.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinProxy\WinProxy.exe
O4 - Startup: JumpKey.lnk = C:\Program Files\JumpKey\Jumpkey.exe
O4 - Startup: FreshDownload.lnk = C:\Program Files\FreshDevices\FreshDownload\fd.exe
O4 - Startup: Hide-It!.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\Jao\Desktop\Unused\Hide-It!.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Highlight - C:\WINDOWS\WEB\highlight.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Links List - C:\WINDOWS\WEB\urllist.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Web Search - C:\WINDOWS\WEB\selsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Go!Zilla - file://C:\Program Files\Go!Zilla\download-with-gozilla.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: I&mages List - C:\WINDOWS\Web\imglist.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Frame in &New Window - C:\WINDOWS\WEB\frm2new.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Zoom &In - C:\WINDOWS\WEB\zoomin.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Zoom O&ut - C:\WINDOWS\WEB\zoomout.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Citi - {4C730913-3961-439b-83D5-F4E445520422} - C:\Program Files\Citi Virtual Account Numbers\CitiVAN.exe
O9 - Extra button: SmartLogin - {A972B228-AC83-423F-AEA7-F740B378CAA9} - C:\PROGRA~1\SMARTL~1\SmHToolBand.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: Arcade Volleyball Online - http://adenix.net/av/av.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2C8EEB84-6D60-11D4-BD64-0050048A82BF} (eshare communications NetAgent Customer ActiveX Control version 2) - http://tech-a.mhi.aol.com/netagent/objects/custappx2.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.c...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1093213110270
O16 - DPF: {9059F30F-4EB1-4BD2-9FDC-36F43A218F4A} (Microsoft RDP Client Control (redist)) - http://s93457157.onlinehome.us/Remote Desktop/tsweb/msrdp.cab
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} - http://security.symantec.com/SSC/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {D6FCA8ED-4715-43DE-9BD2-2789778A5B09} (NPKCX Control) - http://guard.gunbound.net/nProtect/keyCrypt/npkcx.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4EF9E703-9BE8-439B-906F-903FC33D42CE}: NameServer = 205.188.146.146
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
O23 - Service: Apache - Unknown - C:\web\Apache\Apache.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Proxy Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: Client32 - Productive Computer Insight Ltd - C:\PROGRA~1\NETSUP~1\client32.exe
O23 - Service: Hide Files and Folders - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hffsrv.exe
O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown - C:\mysql\bin\mysqld-max-nt.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security Accounts Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: npkcsvc - INCA Internet Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\npkcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Gateway32 - Productive Computer Insight Ltd - C:\Program Files\NetSupport Manager\Gateway32.exe
O23 - Service: Rupsd - Mega System Technologies, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGATEC\RUPS20~1\Rupsd.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

thanks for helping, again...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom