New Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
I have the ram i want picked out. But s it any good
It's ULTRA and im getting a stick of 512 at pc3200 400mhz DDR
Should that hold me or should i go with a more reliable brand or is this stuff good?

THNX

I say get OCZ, Corsair, or Kingston.

That's my personal list from best to least best with OCZ on top.

Don't get kingston value, it's a mistake.

(Your computer is only as fast as the slowest part.)
Umm ok? Kingston valueRAM is good ram. I have a stick of it and it's performed flawlessly. Kingstons tech support was also quick to answer my RMA needs.

For ValueRAM it can be OC'd pretty well. Easily hitting 215MHz which for valueRAM is pretty good.

Kingston is still a good brand, but comes in 3rd place compared to OCZ as 1st and Corsair as 2nd IMO

but the fact remains kingston is good ram and is not 'a mistake'

Are ram cooler cases necasary or is that a big load!!!???
this is rather contreversial. Most say they don't matter. If you don't plan on overclocking then NO you really don't need them at all, but still some say regardless of overclocking they don't do much. RAM doesn't put out that much heat and those heatspreaders for the most part are for looks...or so says the general public..

Since no one has proper RAM Temperature probes we'll probably never know.

You won't really need them though

Nubius said:
Umm ok? Kingston valueRAM is good ram. I have a stick of it and it's performed flawlessly. Kingstons tech support was also quick to answer my RMA needs.

For ValueRAM it can be OC'd pretty well. Easily hitting 215MHz which for valueRAM is pretty good.

Kingston is still a good brand, but comes in 3rd place compared to OCZ as 1st and Corsair as 2nd IMO

but the fact remains kingston is good ram and is not 'a mistake'

this is rather contreversial. Most say they don't matter. If you don't plan on overclocking then NO you really don't need them at all, but still some say regardless of overclocking they don't do much. RAM doesn't put out that much heat and those heatspreaders for the most part are for looks...or so says the general public..

Since no one has proper RAM Temperature probes we'll probably never know.

You won't really need them though

they are just now starting to say you need them and ddr ram is not as rugged as pc133 or pc100 ram (it is faster though), which is why you seeing more people these day having failing ram problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom