how many fans in your case is considered overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GeckoEcho421 said:
THE MOST IMPORTANT FAN IN YOUR CASE IS THE FAN THAT BLOWS AIR OUT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, heat rises...

you have a good point there^.

THE MOST IMPORTANT FAN IN YOUR CASE IS THE FAN THAT BLOWS AIR OUT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, heat rises...
No it's not, and yes heat rises, but not when you have fans disrupting the air flow in your case....it has no chance to rise if the air is constantly being circulated. It depends on your fan setup.

I've had that 120mm both as exhaust and Intake and with my setup I've noticed better temps with it as an Intake.

BUT If I just had a couple fans in the front as intake, one on the side as intake, you'd want the top and rear as exhaust for the best results.

EDIT:
No need for the double post, I already know I'm the smartest person on this forum. 1460 on my SAT.
No need for useless posts either :rolleyes:

That is actually a really good point, wow, admitedly if i did start using a blower on top i don't think the rising air could get through the masses of tangled wires. But then again i need a new case really.

Im using a cheiftec dragon atm, anyone got any suggestions, I like the coolermaster stacker.

GeckoEcho421 said:
No need for the double post, I already know I'm the smartest person on this forum. 1460 on my SAT.

well i pity da fool that crosses YOU gecko.

Nubius said:
Yeah, it not only keeps the CPU cool it keeps the entire system cool since I have pretty good airflow. The Room I'm in is around 75F and my case will always remain at 20C. My CPU always remains in the 30's celsius and will only go into the 40's if A) I don't turn my CPU fan up all the way and atleast put one of the side blowers on half, or B) If it's just really hot in the room or something.

my CPU currently says 52C and Mobo's @ 36C !!

that can't be good.

or is that "ok" to have.

i thought getting this new case would help it out, even changed the Heatsink fan.

seems high to me though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom