EVGA GTX 1060 DirectX 12 issues

bpm55

In Runtime
Hello All,

I bought a new gpu last week the EVGA GTX 1060 SSC from the local Best Buy. I removed an EVGA GTX 770. I installed the new card and everything seemed fine. Then I did a clean install of the drivers just because I like to make sure everything is clean.

I launched Civilization 6 in DirectX 12 mode and then attempted the benchmark. The game crashed due to a device driver issue. I will try to get a screenshot of the error later today.

I then realized my SSD was having read/write issues. So, I bought a couple of new SSD and reinstalled Windows 10 and the graphics driver. (I figured now the game would work).

I then launched Civ 6 and it ran for a bit then crashed with a driver error. I have tried uninstalling all driver components and running older drivers. All have the same issue.

Any suggestions???

preemptive: Thanks for the help!

Sorry the delay. I was just trying it out, but I can run fine on the DX11 mode.

The ssd I use a couple of performance test to benchmark and the numbers were always super low both read and write sub-200.

I noticed copy speeds were poor as well as a couple of installs so I decided to benchmark.

Sorry the delay. I was just trying it out, but I can run fine on the DX11 mode.

The ssd I use a couple of performance test to benchmark and the numbers were always super low both read and write sub-200.

I noticed copy speeds were poor as well as a couple of installs so I decided to benchmark.
What SSD is it and how full is it?

Yea I've been pretty disappointed with DX12 even on AMD where it's supposed to "shine", but all it does really is make AMD comparable to Nvidia's lower cards. I got all kinds of graphical errors on BF1, Descent Underground has a bold statement saying use DX12 at your own risk, Civ 6 just wouldn't run, and when running the Timespy benchmark it looks and runs like *** on any setup I toss at it. Garbage.

Samsung 840 250gb and relatively low usage basically just windows 10. I run/store everything else on disk drives.

I can't remember if it was the 830's or 840's that suffered performance issue as time went on, due to a bug in the firmware with TRIM not working correctly. Are you on the latest firmware for the SSD?

Yep latest firmware. And it still has huge performance issues. Even without using the drive as an active device.

True performance issues. I see performance issue when copying and installing.

Back
Top Bottom