need your help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahafox

Beta member
hello there,
i am a new guy who just start learning 3d animation. and now i wanna buy a new computer. but i have a question: do i need a mac for 3d animation? (if so all my money will gone) can i just use pc for it? if i can use pc, what kind of motherboard, video card, and memory(system) should i have could be an amazing idea for 3d animation?
thank you everybody. thanks a lot.

i am using swift 3d v4, toonboomstudio, flash mx at the moment. and still wanna learn 3d max:(

well, top line animation cards run a couple thousand, like the 3d labs realizm 800 that runs about $2500 to $2800 and then mid models will run you around $500 to $600. These aren't really for gaming, but for model rendering. The mid would be like the 3D Labs Oxygen cards, older wildcat, etc...

why are you laughin at me? haha- not funny. Hmm you may want to do quite a bit of research into which card you get as like Killian said they are very expensive, ive seen Wildcats and stuff before but i had no idea the hi-end ones cost THAT much!!! wow!.

Always been curious, and since we're on the subject.. I don't understand the real "difference" between a gaming card and a modeling card. Obviously they're made for their own likings, but I mean, what's so different about the modeling card that makes it for modeling?..

hmm i think a lot of them have dual-dvi, but that comes on reg vards these days too. ... the difference isss.... 400$ and a much smaller fan?? why do they have smaller fans anyway?? yea i dont understand what it is about them exactly that makes them better.

one big thing is HUGE use of virtual memory... uptp 256GB, large pipeline, multiple architecture, specialized chipset instructions designed for 3D professional apps (as in REAL life like movie rendering), opem support for programmable language references, and it is also designed for high accuracy through out, as in not just the surface visuals, but through the entire 3D rendered model and do this without skipping a beat. As far as gaming is concerned, 3D Pro cards are notoriously bad for gaming as its architecture is a wee bit different. However, the 3D Labs wildcat 800 is supposed to actually work better than the previous pro graphic cards. Dont know for sure, though, as I'm not really gonna spend about $3000 for one, but would be fun to play with. Oh yeah, 640MB of on board memory and also the 256GB of VM.

nope, thats what it is capable of... the card comes with upto 640MB of memory and can use 256GB of VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom