Steal Wifi Power from Roommates

Im the most important member of the household.

With this type of an attitude, I seriously doubt that you are the most important member of the household. Unless your portion of the rent is income from a job that requires you to work from home using the Internet connection or you're paying a majority of the bills yourself.

You'll catch more with bees with honey than you will with vinegar. I would suggest that you talk to your roommates and see if everybody would be willing to pitch in more for a better connection. Or, like others have already said, get your own connection.

I agree that trying to steal your roommates internet is a scummy thing to do, but more than that, if you are found out it can result in an argument and you being evicted from the house. The thing is that there could be several reasons for the slow internet. One thing, the number of individuals on the internet at once can dramatically slow down your connection depending on the type of internet you have. Games and such take a lot of bandwidth to play, so say all 4 of you are trying to play games at once, it's going to slow down your connection. My suggestion to you is to purchase your own internet so that you can have your own router and control the internet.

I know its scummy but my roommates are scummy. They wont even let me use their vacuumm. So theyre not using my extender.

Based on this small detail I have a pretty good idea were you are coming from in regards to the situation.

Why are you the most important house hold member. Are you a student and what do you contribute to wards to over all cost of the property.

My advice.. Say F* it. Move out. Buy your own internet subscription. If you can afford both. Problem solved.

F*ck. Lets try again. She has physical access to the modem, but where is the router? Or is it a combo unit? Who has password to router to activate QOS, which may not help because in many implementations it refers only to upstream bandwidth.
Your extender may or may not be doing jack for her since router may be in her room, and extender is likely half duplex.
Offer to pay more to bump up speed of connection, after you find out what it is. Use speedtest.net on phone at various locations and times. And try wifi analyzer on your android to see how crappy your connection to wifi is at various locations, especially from your room.
You are not the most important person. Stop acting like you believe you are, and your roommates may begin to be nicer.

Back
Top Bottom