Really stupid question. Really, really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac_mogul said:
I hear there are websites out there that are not compatible with it however.

hmm,..i have never heard of this,..but so far opera works very well with my browsing habits.

It's probably set up to put all of the ie windows under one icon, so if she clicked on the takbar of the current ie site, she might have a listing of 349 or something browswers that are open :confused: ahh, just install opera :)

Will, maybe if you uncheck Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reuse windows for launching shortcuts, it might work. That option makes it so Outlook shortcuts, for example, are opened in the same IE window that you have open already, as opposed to opening a new one altogether. The default is checked, but I prefer it unchecked. Because it relates to the whole new window thing, it might do something...good luck ;).

Get Adaware and Spybot and run them both as it sounds like you have picked up something nasty from somewhere to me. Other people have had this problem and its sorted it out for them.

HTH

Nope, didn't work, tv. And roho, it's not a virus or anything because it happened the very first time I used the computer, before I even went online.

Don't fall into the trap of believing you can only pick up nasties from the web, some come pre-installed or from software that you may have installed.

Believe me you need Adaware and Spybot anway so why not try?

Also another piece of software that can cause this problem is something called "Pop Up Stopper" from panicware. If this is the problem dump it and get some 'proper' software like the Proxomitron.

hth

I really, really doubt it's something that Adaware or spybot would fix... I mean, this was the very first thing I tried to do with this computer. I bought it, hooked it up, opened Notepad, and then tried opening multiple IEs. I didn't install anything first, so unless it was something pre-installed... I guess I'll take your advice and install them anyway though; it can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom