How I.T. clever is my neighbour's trick?

I would also very much disagree that using the phrase "to be honest" indicates a speaker is insincere.

I take exception to that as well. I'm a horrible liar and, aside from little white lies for surprises and the like, never lie to those with whom I speak. Especially those I love. I use this phrase quite often, and it is in no way indicative of my tendencies in relation to honesty.

I agree that trying to log on to your computer with your Wi-Fi turned off is a good solution, that would narrow it down to if she's seeing you're online, or if she has cameras in your house.

HI ALL
Sorry for being touchy. I know it's an incredible situation, so much so, I always feel on the back foot when disclosing what's going on. It is hard to believe a couple could be so relentless and wasteful of their daily life resources in retirement and go to such lengths. I can see how their behaviour has conditioned and reinforced what they're trying to achieve. Her brother is a private investigator, their best friend is a retired CID sergeant and her son is either a solicitor or CID sergeant himself (according to their amplified comments over the hedge, anyway).

Closing the rear blind works. I actually said at a normal level in my own house "so, you can't do it now, can you?". The woman started screaming, shouting and balling at her husband, right on cue. Leaving the blinds open but disabling the wi-fi works also. I left the blinds open and enabled the wifi and they slammed on cue. I can't believe it??? I'll post a picture of said rear blind. Thing is, I can't see any camera pointing towards us, yet it's true they can appear as soon as I walk through the porch into the garden. We did have a group of three people view our house a few years back when we put it on the market. On their second viewing, two of them distracted me to return downstairs, one of them stayed upstairs, and when I ran up to see what he was doing, he had the bathroom window open and was signing at my neighbour who was stood on her lawn. All weird. One thing I do know is, I can't find or see any covert cameras on their land or mine?

Another strange one, but a couple of times in the pitch black, I've opened the rear blind to see a vertical panel of blue laser about a metre and a half square flash in the the pattern of broken glass or crazy paving on my patio. I just thought she was just using some kind of projector to wind me up, but I'm wondering if it's some kind of PIR detector. I know. All a bit sci-fi and incredulous, but all true (and at nearly 50, I work full-time and have no history of being crazy).

All good mate! Stressy situation by the sounds lol

I'm a little confused though, as I understand it:

1. Closing rear blind and leaving wifi on works
2. Leaving blinds open but disabling wifi works

Or was 1. only working when you closed the blind *and* disabled wifi?

Otherwise it seems there's no pattern to me. Both together leaves me stumped o_O
Can you make a video recording what's happening? At this point though I agree with iParanormal, call the police :p just try and get some evidence to backup your story for them. They might not be able to lay any charges, but they might scare them into being a bit more neighborly

Last edited:
I agree, the best thing you can do at this point is to record it happening and call the police, or move.

Dunno what to say? Since I posted on this thread, they've stopped doing it (blinds up, blinds down, wifi on or off). Such a long period of doing it (months) and now they've stopped. Maybe I should write on here more often :0)

Back
Top Bottom