Is a 600w power supply enough?

Yea, don't fall into the trap of brand loyalty or trying to match unless you just have the budget to compensate for it. Probably the best advice I can give there because in the end you'll want what's best for you money. Now if you don't care about power/heat efficiency and you have 0 plans to record gameplay or stream then by all means.

Yea, don't fall into the trap of brand loyalty or trying to match unless you just have the budget to compensate for it. Probably the best advice I can give there because in the end you'll want what's best for you money. Now if you don't care about power/heat efficiency and you have 0 plans to record gameplay or stream then by all means.

i can't argue with that. i was looking at the comments and a few people got cards (rx 480) that ran too hot or the fans were too loud but they said that it was a defect and they got it replaced but i don't know if i want to take that chance. nvidia is a good brand, i used to use nvidia cards all of the time. i might go with the 6gb 1060 then because like you said, i definitely want the best for my money and something that i won't have to put more money into because of overheating issues...but yea, i definitely care about power and heat efficiency and i do like recording and sharing my gameplay. i looked at the benchmarks test online of the video cards and the 1060 is well ahead of the rx 480. i'm glad i asked on here because i was about to buy the 480 because it was amd, lol

i can't argue with that. i was looking at the comments and a few people got cards (rx 480) that ran too hot or the fans were too loud but they said that it was a defect and they got it replaced but i don't know if i want to take that chance. nvidia is a good brand, i used to use nvidia cards all of the time. i might go with the 6gb 1060 then because like you said, i definitely want the best for my money and something that i won't have to put more money into because of overheating issues...but yea, i definitely care about power and heat efficiency and i do like recording and sharing my gameplay. i looked at the benchmarks test online of the video cards and the 1060 is well ahead of the rx 480. i'm glad i asked on here because i was about to buy the 480 because it was amd, lol
To be fair the 8GB 480 performance is give or take now that drivers are more mature, but GFE is a thing they can't really compete with yet. The overhaul from what used to be Shadowplay is so convenient that I've dropped all other game recording/streaming software from my machine. Not to mention, Pascal efficiency makes AMD's Polaris look noob. AMD really have a long ways to go but I'll be supporting them pretty soon with a new CPU in my arsenal.

To be fair the 8GB 480 performance is give or take now that drivers are more mature, but GFE is a thing they can't really compete with yet. The overhaul from what used to be Shadowplay is so convenient that I've dropped all other game recording/streaming software from my machine. Not to mention, Pascal efficiency makes AMD's Polaris look noob. AMD really have a long ways to go but I'll be supporting them pretty soon with a new CPU in my arsenal.
Yea, true. Like I said before, I have a lot to catch up on since I've been out of the game for a while. lol but Yea, after checking out the specs on both cards, I think you've convinced me to go with the 1060

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks a ton! I just bought the gtx 1060 and couldn't be happier. I'm glad you talked me into it. I bought a few hi-end games on steam and it plays them perfect and above 60 fps on max settings!

Back
Top Bottom