Who's Logged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiminy777

Baseband Member
What user is logged in Windows network PC?

I was wondering if there's a quick DOS command or script that can show if a user is logged in to a network computer providing the user's ID/name.

i dont think its possible in dos. however you can use net view to list which computers are connected to the network.

there maybe some network audit/scanning apps that give you a list of users connected.

Also, im not to familiar with commands on a server os. You may want to look into that also.

hmmm.... form a networking standpoint... if you need to know this information then you've got the ability, and if you need to ask... you might not need to be doing what it takes...
that said... no there is not a dos command... if you know the ip address of the person you can ping them to see if the computer they use is on the network...
if you know the hostname of the computer they work from you may try to map to thier c drive \\"hostname"\c$ should work...
if you want to know if they are logged on, you can try from a cmd prompt netsend if it's not disabled on the network,
send them and IM using AIM... or another messenger
or just call them...

just use the finger command in dos. it shows last time user logged in... just look up dos network commands or dos finger command, it'll give you more info. can use it in dos, unix and linux

isn't the finger command for the host system you're logged into? pardon my ignorance on this.

yes, you have to be on the local... sorry, just now saw didn't read the entire thing ;) Guess you could use a sniffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom