Usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
I am building a computer for my uncle, but have run into a bit of a problem at the front USB and Firewire ports... The best way to describe this would be that the plugs for the USB and Firewire are apart, instead of together in a 9 pin plug, much like in this pic. http://www2.ko-soku.co.jp/sales/usb/ip-0832_big.jpg Each individual plug has like " (1) +5V " on it, but it doesnt corespond to the instruction manual. And I am brought to the concluding question: Wtf do i do?

the connectors that are appart... did they come with the case? if so and they are labled like +5V then you should be able to look up the mobo conectors in the book supplied by the maker of the mobo or online to figure out what order to connect them, i had one about a year ago like this,... it was a total pain!!!

The lables don't correspond with the manual eg:

The lables say " +5V, -D, +D and Ground " but the manual says " VCC, Data0-, Data0+ and Ground "

waynejkruse10 said:
i think the -D and +D correspond to Data0- and Data0+. Ground is the same so the +5v corresponds to VCC
exactly.
-D to Data0-
+D to Data0+
+5v to VCC
Ground to Ground.

TPA-, TPB-, TPA+, VP, VG -=-=-=- TPA0+, TPA0-, GND, TPB0+, TPB0-, +12V, NC

hmmm... something about that doesn't look quite right
are you missing a (TPB+)** in the list above?
i would try this...
TPA0+ to TPA+
TPA0- to TPA-
TPB0- to TPB-
TPB0+ to (TPB+)**
VP to +12v
VG to GND
and NC should be no conection

i'm pritty sure about this... let me know

That probably is right but I couldn't be arsed wih it, so i just stuck some more round the back instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom