AMD Ryzen

Lol I'm enthused af but theres no way in hell im paying 3 times more for 1.1x the product.... unless i win the lottery, in that case i'm buying a powerhouse for everyone on this forum.

Me too. I'm itching to upgrade my entire computer so I can use things like M.2 to have a smaller case. I can't justify paying $400 for a new Intel CPU/Mobo that's not much faster than my 2500K @ 4.5GHz.

I've always bought Intel, but I'm really annoyed with them lately. I feel like we're not seeing much improvement from them because they have no reason to improve, and thus we're getting these minuscule 0%-5% performance improvements with each new release... I wouldn't be surprised if Intel is suddenly able to improve 25% after Zen is released.

Lol I'm enthused af but theres no way in hell im paying 3 times more for 1.1x the product.... unless i win the lottery, in that case i'm buying a powerhouse for everyone on this forum.

That's what happens when the competition drops the ball gents. We're just lucky Intel decided to keep their Mainstream chips at a relatively decent price compared to the Enthusiast side.

The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing that will turn me off of Ryzen is if AMD gets rid of ECC RAM support on consumer grade chips...

The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing that will turn me off of Ryzen is if AMD gets rid of ECC RAM support on consumer grade chips...
Considering they are catering with a PRO moniker I would assume those are meant for workstation use and therefore might still have ECC support.

I can only hope so, only reason I still support AMD is because AMD has been rather good about having such niche features. Made my server build about $300 cheaper than what it would have been if I had gone Intel.

Intel has readied up 2 new chips for the Ryzen released, one of which being an unlocked i5 with HT. One is safe to assume Ryzen will be very competitive performance wise.

looking at the size of this thread-- maybe the pc market really is dead- too little to late for AMD---

but then I saw this

some humor in that- but it is really dry!

Back
Top Bottom