Bought a Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAIT A SECOND!!! i have dell... does this mean i cant install my 6800GT 128mb on it?!!??

well, my uncle is installing mine, and hes like a pro... and does like technical support himself, so he will manage, and teach me :).

edit: ive called dell, and they say i can install any agp graphics card :)

If you buy from Dell, Compaq, or Gateway your getting it stuck in your a$$. All of the components are proprietary. 99% all components must be from the computer's manufacturer and installed by an authorized computer repair/upgrade center. So if your power supply quits. You need to contact the company, they will direct you to a service center and make you pay 180% for a part and charge labor. If you do it yourself you will void the warranty. But if you built a computer you will end up paying about 70% percent of retail price of the part and no service charge to put it in since your doing the work. Heh you might even learn something while repairing your own "custom" computer. Also the computers look like crap. I would rather have an acrylic window on the side with cold cathode lights that flicker to the music.

forgot one thing but if you beat it up and your generally rough with computer the Dells are good since they will replace almost everything.

uzi9mm said:
forgot one thing but if you beat it up and your generally rough with computer the Dells are good since they will replace almost everything.

...? you can replace ANYTHING in your own custom computer...and it's usually cheaper than a manufactured part.

Also above you posted 2 pics, one white tower and another pre-mod. I'd definetly take the white tower over the pre-mod. That pre-mod basically is done...i can't see any mojor mods that can be done to it. That white case could have a custom paint job, fan holes, blowhole, lights, window, alot of things. I'd rather do it myself.

True....True... You can do more with the plain one but I dont trust myself using any sharp tools I'll just screw it up.. Plus on the paint job I would have it run all over the place. The only mod I make to my already "modded" case is I put in a window applique, the etched glass look. Let me get back into the subject. Oh yeah dont get any computer pre-built. Building your own computer is easy. Like every other month a couple of PC mags have step by step instructions with pictures, on how to build.

Any company will replace it for you for $. Dell does it just like any other company...where do you get sharp tools from... ? I dont member using anything sharp to install anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom