Three Computers, Two Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a side note, I am considering re-installing windows to see if this will do anything. Would this be a good or bad idea?

I have written down all the information for all three computers (after I typed ipconfig /all). Do you want me to post it here?

you know what, i think we're going about this all wrong. Since you have a hub to connect all three pcs, i would setup one machine as the ICS host. You would need to setup this machine with your internet connection and setup the other two as ICS clients. This setup would require that the host machine has 2 nics, one for broadband inet and another for the connection to the hub.

setup guide
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/

the alternative would be to buy a gateway or router to replace the hub.

Thanks, I'll try setting up the method you have recommended. I'll be sure to post again giving you the outcome.

I tried the method you sugested. still no luck. Every time I try to connect the computer to the network, I get a message on the host computer telling me about a conflict having to do with IP addresses.

The exact message I am getting is:
"Windows - System Error
There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

After some messing around, I found that it's computer 3 that conflicts with computer 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated, seeing as I have been trying to get this network going for the last week, and am starting to feel like giving up all hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom