Nintendo Switch - Will it work?

It seems to me that everyone is mostly down on the price. I suppose it doesn't bother me all that much because I used trade in credit that I had when I weeded out my collection. So maybe my view of this is filtered a bit.

To me, Nintendo is and always will be a toy. I love the way their products feel and look. I love the fit and finish.

I hear soooooo many podcasts and streams and anecdotes about how down people are about it, but always follow up with "but I'm still going to get one."

Sure, only time will tell if this will be successful, but it sure is fun to speculate and be excited for Nintendo's next new toy.

This thing is sold out, but so did the Wii U, so who knows.

I just have this feeling that this gimmick might just take hold, maybe not for full on home consoles, but we may be looking at the future of handhelds.

Portable gaming console that seems to jump off where the Wii-U game pad fell flat. I agree, Nintendo's brand of consoles are more suited as toys. I only play on the Wii-U for Smash 4.

I see the same train of logic every time when a new Nintendo console is released. A shiny new console with some new features playing the same games from 20 years ago. Go with what you know right Nintendo?

The thing is, I'm considering getting 1 bcoz the switch comes with a tablet mode, whereas for the Wii, you NEED a TV... or maybe I'm wrong?

I don't think this is the way to go and I believe it'll probably flop. Parents will gobble them up for the kids but they'll just go back to their other tablets due to the large amount of content available. Most hardcore Nintendo people will buy them. The rest? Doubltful. There's nothing that makes it more appealing than the going out Wii U. It's just an Nvidia shield with a Nintendo OS. I expect the same amount of units shipped as the Wii U.

Big oof right here. I bet you didn't even buy one

Back
Top Bottom