Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Account login Security change

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
c0rr0sive
The Grinch

Default Re: Account login Security change

Guess you didn't realize some people have limited bandwidth in this day and age? I only get 20GB a month max, and plenty of people still depend on dial-up because the monopolies everyone loves to support wont provide service to last mile users. I tend to get a cache hit on squid of about 8GB/month, so that's 8GB/month that I don't get docked on my monthly quota. The more websites that go to HTTPS, the fewer that can be cached on my proxy. IMO, it's stupid to think every single thing must be a secure link, because it's not truly secure. Nice to have the logon as secure, but beyond that, it's pointless.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.