Final Fantasy XV Discussion and tips thread

Krazy.....sorry. I didn't see the thread. My apologies

It's all good

acerinpa - what console do you have?
If you have PC only, Steam has a good collection and there are some remakes as well. I've heard good things about FF9, it's PPs favorite

It's all good

acerinpa - what console do you have?
If you have PC only, Steam has a good collection and there are some remakes as well. I've heard good things about FF9, it's PPs favorite
FF9 is actually my all time favorite game. I can literally play that game an infinite amount of times and still have fun.

I suggest start with Mystic Quest on SNES. Why? Because it's the beginner turn based JRPG for the Western customer base. Top down classic turn based JRPG and you only have one character you have to really worry about.

FF3-13 Lightning Returns are all on Steam.

I'm in chapter 13 and just plugging away at the story right now. I'm level 49 so I think I'm strong enough to finish without any additional grinding.

Question - post game what exactly happens? Am I allowed to just roll back out to the open world with my full crew again to do side stuff?

I'm in chapter 13 and just plugging away at the story right now. I'm level 49 so I think I'm strong enough to finish without any additional grinding.

Question - post game what exactly happens? Am I allowed to just roll back out to the open world with my full crew again to do side stuff?

Yeah you're strong enough.
After you beat the game it will ask you to save teh game. When you reload your game after you're done, it will load the first save spot in the new city in CH13. You can beat the final boss all over again
Also When you try saving the game now or after beating the game, there's an option to call Umbra, you can goto past Alticca and Past Lucia where it will be like when you first visited. Story doesn't change, but you can do new quests and hunts.
Hope that made sense

KrazyQ - NO console= PC gamer only. Have tried consoles and just never got used to the buttons. So not sure if I have ever played a turned based game. So, I do a spell or swing a sword, then my opponent does the same - the program takes in account your damage/strength/etc and does some randomness to it -eventually determining how much damage each turns causes? and its always 1 on 1? Sounds laid back - good game to play while having an adult beverage.

FF9 is actually my all time favorite game. I can literally play that game an infinite amount of times and still have fun.

I suggest start with Mystic Quest on SNES. Why? Because it's the beginner turn based JRPG for the Western customer base. Top down classic turn based JRPG and you only have one character you have to really worry about.

FF3-13 Lightning Returns are all on Steam.

KrazyQ - NO console= PC gamer only. Have tried consoles and just never got used to the buttons. So not sure if I have ever played a turned based game. So, I do a spell or swing a sword, then my opponent does the same - the program takes in account your damage/strength/etc and does some randomness to it -eventually determining how much damage each turns causes? and its always 1 on 1? Sounds laid back - good game to play while having an adult beverage.

Multiple parties in most games.

At my last job I got my co worker into FFX, it was his first JRPG game, he ended up loving the turn based battle, he said he was able to relax and take his time to do what he wanted to do.
He said he couldn't do the fast pace games anymore so it worked out great so it might for you too.
I loved FFX, PP FF9
FF7 has been a fan favorite (there are ways to tweak the character models otherwise they look like lego blocks)
FF6 is really old school (originally FF3 on the snes) amazing story line and characters.

This game kind of tanks after chapter 8. It's like the last half of the game was designed on the ps2. Story could have been fleshed out a little better too. At least you can go back and play the good parts indefinitely.

I beat the adamantoise last night. Took me roughly 2 hours of wailing on that thing. At least it hardly ever attacks. I guess I'm going to go ahead and shoot for the platinum since I don't have that many trophies left. Still need the skills, 80 side quests, ascension, and royal arms trophies.

Back
Top Bottom