Intel 965 On Opengl 1.1?!

Good to hear that the Java version worked.

May want to jump to Java 8, just as long as it's below the update mentioned in the article.

Also, I think you can tell Minecraft to use a specific version of Java...so you could have both the new and old versions installed, and just tell MC to use the older version while the rest of your system uses the newer version (for security reasons).

This is indeed possible using the launcher JVM arguments. However, if you use the new launcher that the site mentions, it has its own Java instance that resolves this issue entirely. (It even runs on a system without java installed at all!)

This is indeed possible using the launcher JVM arguments. However, if you use the new launcher that the site mentions, it has its own Java instance that resolves this issue entirely. (It even runs on a system without java installed at all!)

But wouldn't the launcher use the "latest" version of Java? OP's issue requires him to use quite an old version of Java (v8, update 60).

I don't see where the launcher has it's own Java either - at least, not in the .minecraft folder (unless it's because I already have Java installed). You can only point to an existing folder in the Profile editor, which to me means you'd need to have that specific (in this case older) version installed already, and then you can point to it.

I have launcher 1.6.70.

Information can be found Here and Here

Quoted from the second link:

"Better yet, the Minecraft launcher automatically downloads the correct version for your system (all those players inadvertently using Java 32-bit on their 64-bit machines should see significant performance boosts thanks to this) and automatically updates it. All this and you'll never be prompted to install the Ask Toolbar again."

If it's not smart enough to know it needs an older version, can always install the older version and the newer one, and direct MC via the JVM arguments as has been discussed.

Last edited:
Yeah so that'll download the latest version - it'll just choose the architecture for you automatically. So OP would be in the same boat as he's in now. Guarantee it wouldn't determine that he needs an older version.

Back
Top Bottom