Not POSTing Suddenly...

Riznarf

In Runtime
Hi -

So, my rig was running great - then all of the sudden, (it seemed) like my GPU started to crash. Tried reinstalling drivers, etc...to no avail. Then, when I would reset, my comp wouldn't POST. So, I removed the GPU, and successfully am running without it - video from the Mobo. Just to confirm I wasn't crazy, I tried putting the GPU back in, and again it wouldn't post. So, I was pretty sure the GPU was to blame.

So, naturally, I went out and bought another GPU. Sure enough, come home, plug it in and same problem. I tried a different mobo as well, same problem (ran fine without the GPU).

So, my question is - could something in the CPU/PSU be causing this? Although without the GPU everything is running perfectly, but at this point, I'm open to anything.

Thanks!

Do you have another PSU to try? Possible that the PSU is going out and not able to deliver enough power to the GPU to run it.

What GPU did you replace the 570 with to test?

Do you have another PSU to try? Possible that the PSU is going out and not able to deliver enough power to the GPU to run it.

What GPU did you replace the 570 with to test?

Hey, so - I thought of that too and tried all the different PCIE cables in the PSU to no avail, but wouldn't it be weird that JUST the GPU would start acting up and I wouldn't start seeing the CPU/Mobo crash, etc...?

I got a Radeon RX 480 to replace.

Just tried a different PSU - got it POSTing but then got a NVLDDMKM.SYS BSOD immediately after loading Windows (right before it would display my desktop).

Possible that I could have had a fried PSU AND GPU? (sounds unlikey...)

Hey, so I tried DDU, uninstalled everything in SafeMode, reinstalled the GPU it POSTed. I then downloaded drivers and tried installing them. About halfway through installation the screens went black (normal, I know) but then I had all sorts of artifacts on a black screen, same problem I was having before. No luck.

Attachments

• IMG_2241.jpg
    IMG_2241.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2
I'm confused...why did you put the 570 back in if you have a 480 to test with? I assumed you've been trying to run the 480.

Does the system boot when there's no nVidia drivers installed with the 570? And then fails once the drivers are installed?

Use DDU to get rid of the nVidia drivers. Pop the 480 in, install AMD drivers and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom