Came home to dead dedicated security rig...what now?

I would probably buy some lexan at Lowes and build an enclosure over and around the case to help shed any water that may be dripping onto it... I would also look into having a dehumidifier in the area if it's mostly a sealed building... Moisture does not play nice with PCB...

don't forget to link your MS account with your windows 10 product key-
if you are runnning the anniversary update- it says

"Activating Windows 10 after a hardware configuration change
If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard) Windows 10 might no longer be activated. If you're running Windows 10 (Version 1607) and added your Microsoft account and linked it to the digital license on your device, you can use the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate Windows."

read more here

Slacker,

Would mind posting that Microsoft site again? The link you posted is not working. Thank you!

I would probably buy some lexan at Lowes and build an enclosure over and around the case to help shed any water that may be dripping onto it... I would also look into having a dehumidifier in the area if it's mostly a sealed building... Moisture does not play nice with PCB...

Great idea Cor! I will definitely look into it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed his link for you (and in all the quotes).

Thank you Carnage! You people sure are helpful here!

I have been a bit overwhelmed with other projects at our ranch and hope to complete the build in the next couple of days.

I hope to post pics and results of the new build.

Have a great day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom