Problem with Artifacts

juga89

Beta member
Hello everyone, this is my first post i`am sorry i dont have time to introduce myself atm, i have some urgent problem i would be very thankful if you could assist me with your thoughts.

Bought recently GPU (Strix GTX 960), had problems at start with it, with artifacts, but that was all solved by updating my bios. Now after couple of months, it started showing artifacts while booting and in windows. I tried reseating gpu and cleaning PCIe, couple of times, it only got worse. First it was only artifacts, then yellowish/greenish screen and so on with colors.
When i connected to integrated gpu everything went fine.

Gpu never overheated, max temp recorded was 60c.

My question is, could it be that gpu is faulty or is it PSU fault ? Or even maybe PCIe slot?
My PSU is kinda crappy power color 600W, but i didnt have any problems with it and gpu isnt under load while booting so im thinking its not that. It has enough wattage to cover gpu and rest of the hardware.

Need to check every option before i RMA it, it takes so long before they return it :(

And no, i dont have any friend atm with PC that i could try it on/

My rig :
i5 3450
MSI MS-7798 board
Strix GTX 960

Thanks in advance!

Yes they are, though drivers arent active while booting up, so i dont think that would be an issue even if they arent ?

Yes they are, though drivers arent active while booting up, so i dont think that would be an issue even if they arent ?

That would be correct.

I'd say GPU is going bad if you're getting artifacts on boot, and the integrated GPU worked fine.

If your board has another PCI-E slot, I'd try that...otherwise, just RMA the 960. Also, since it's an Asus card...good luck, you'll need it lol.

Unfortunately i dont have second PCIe nor anywhere else to try it. Guess ill have to RMA it. Its so strange, one day it works perfectly second poof.

Anyway, thanks for help, much appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom