ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900-AC inconsistent wifi

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I just bought this modem about a month ago to replace the netgear n600 c3700 which had issues connecting to my TV and and the wifi was a bit suspicious too

this modem supposed to be a badass combo like chuck Norris according to the reviews
but then I read the customer reviews and a lot of them say same issues that I have with the netgear combo.. dropping wifi

except this modem doesn't drop wifi between router and wireless receiver, it just drops the internet connection while wifi is 100% good

the internet just stops responding for few minutes multiple times a day and then starts working again on its own
no settings have been changed while swapping the modem/ router combo.

ps: I know how everyone feels about combos please no comments about why I went with combo instead of 2 separate units. because Its in the living room and no space...

If other people are reporting it - sounds like a common issue then. See if there's a firmware update for it...if not...well, I know you don't want to hear it but...should just go with 2 separate units. I have both my model & router in the living room on a single shelf...not like they takes up much room.

Back
Top Bottom