Help me! XPS or Alien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdug

Solid State Member
I have been contemplating this for weeks now, and I need some help. I am looking at the 2.8ghz models(a $ issue) and both seem to be impressive. However, I have found several new XPS systems for sale on auction sites for much less. What gives? Are peolpe unhappy with the XPS? I can't find one Alienware system on ebay.

Someone please guide me in the right direction. Thanks

thats probably because Alienware is better than the XPS.IMO

the only thing nice about XPS is the way the side panel opens. they have awful cabling works and i think cooling is just the same,..plus the components used(i think). Alien offers a more clean well kept innards than xps. and maybe the fact that XPS is a DELL. but if i'm offered an XPS and i have the money to spare..i'd give it a go.

Ok i was in your same position a couple of days ago butn thanks to these ppl i know what to pick. Ok the xps is alot more expensive (itmay come out cheaper because of the free cd burners) but in the end alienware is the best.Now you pick the athlon or the pentium 4 type of alien ware (the pentium 4 is called the area 51 dont know about the athlon). Yeah and i agree with devilish. also the aliens come with a cool case (though xps has 40watts more power supply, but 420 is enough for upgrades, i think 460 is way too much,). And you can buy this alien ware exclusive software called "alien adrenaline" gives you 500 choices of things to do with your computer, like clocking up your graphics chip. What im planning on getting is the
3ghz pentium 4
1gb corsiar ddr ram
not sure about harddrive, maybe a 160gb raid 0 hardrive "raid 0 is a new technology, it uses 2 hardrives to save, and it goes at about twice the speed"
not sure about drives mayber cdr rewite,
I have learned from everyone here, A radeon is the best get the 256mb radeon 9800 no doubt
The Creative Sound blaster Audigy 2 the platinum is just with a few features and some software, like games, and stuff(also a drive and remote to controll it hmmm maybe i should get it,) click on more info, but doesnt have higher quality sound
No doubt, Crts are better than lcd, since lcd is the type of screen on tvs, and it has stupid annoying lines theyre more noticeable because your closer to the screen. Im getting the 19 flat screen crt.
and the logitec z-680 500 watt thx speakers
now all you havevto do is pick the color

id get some usb ports to hook up controllers and mp3 players

well building your own computer has so many advantages compared to buying pre-built

1) cost

2) customisation

3) know more about it (to fix it easier)

4) performance based on YOUR personal liking

alienware, which is not genuine parts are generally a lot cheaper. sometimes they are a lot better but other cheap clones are not very good. you really have to watch out what you buy soetimes

what do you mean genuine parts?are they fake? The aliens have corsair hardrives your telling me its fake?

If Alienware was showing the models that they use (and they do), and didn't install everything that they claim or use a "substitute" part. It could cost them their business. Go check out Dell, Compaq, and Gateway. They will NEVER tell you the exact type of board, PSU, memory, etc. This is because they build for highest profit. Alienware builds for performance. I would never have a problem buying from them.... Except for the price. Not to meantion a buddy of mine has one, and it rox, and his system has exactly what was advertised.

XPS is a cheap nockoff item, made to get people to spend $$ on a inferior system (because it's cheaper). They again, will never tell you what is actually in the system before you buy it.

If you MUST purchase a system, get an alienware. IF you can, build it yourself.

Alexander

The alien ware tells you what kind of motherboard it has and you can customize:
processing chip
memory/ram
Hard drives
Cd drives
Usb ports nearly everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom